Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keyboard noob

Options
  • 15-06-2002 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

Just realised my Yamaha Clavinova keyboard has been doing a fine job of gathering dust for a while now and I've only ever really used it as a piano... so basically I'm looking to actually use some of its features. Plz answer ye these questions three:

1) does anyone know where I can download files (im assuming MIDI) to put on floppy and use on the keyboard?

2) what do I need to connect my keyboard to my PC?

3) what software should I use for erm... messing about with stuff... once its gone from keyboard to PC?

cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

If your looking for midi files just do a search on www.google.com for "midi files download" or something similar.

As for connecting the pc to the keyboard, well i've never done it myself (dont have a midi keyboard) but i'd assume as you need is a sound card with a midi port (most sound cards have the port as standard) and a suitable cable.

You can also play midi files on your computer using winamp or something similar.

I dont know what apps are best to use with the keyboard. I suppose it depends what you intend doing etc. Try doing a search on google - it'll find whatever your looking for.

Advertisement