Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bands/Recommended

Options
  • 12-06-2002 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

anyone got info on InMe?? "underdoze" sounds bleedin nice!

or can some one direct me in the direction of some new bands, i am far too tired to go looking today!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I like a lot of the minimalist art punky bands out now like The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Ikara Colt. MP3's and track samples on their sites here and here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Sinus, not sure what music you're into, but if you haven't heard any of the following, you should check them out;

Mushroomhead (Slipknot + Faith No More + Ministry)

American Head Charge (Nu-metal grindcore type mixture, semi-faith no more vocals in places)

Devin Townsend (my favorite musician ever. Hard to describe what he sounds like, sort of insanely heavy yet melodic at the same time. Check out his Ocean Machine or Strapping Young Lad 'City' album for a listen).

Anathema (Radiohead without the pretentious bullsh1t included. They rule)

My Dying Bride (Just simply a great band, nuff said)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

heard them all thanks SYL
    mushroomhead a bit poo though
    but american head charge...like them alot :)

i am more into grungier stuff though

Hmmmm, grungey......my knowledge of grunge is not the best. But......
    You could try some of Feeders earlier stuff, their Polythene album and Swim mini-album are very good, but the newer stuff is a bit ****e.....
    I've got a 'Best of the Pixies' album which rulez. I've been quite impressed by Puddle of Mudd too, their debut album is really good. Alice in Chains 'Dirt' album is mega, but you probably already have that anyway, being a grunge fan.
    And Creed *ducks the oncoming projectiles* are really good, I don't care what anyone says. Their first two albums, 'My own prison' and 'Human Clay' are fukking awesome works of grunge-man-ship.
    After that, I think you would also like Sevendust, that is REALLY grungey stuff, but nice and tuneful at the same time. Singer has got a great voice, check out any of their 3 albums.

sorry man, nothin new their either....been into sevendust for about 5 years now....creed i agree are class,just scott strap (yes his real name) is too leather pants for me

feeder been in to them since i heard perfect day off Polythene a few years ago...getting into the pixies too

puddle of mudd rock!

• Advertisement

Hmmm, apart from Grunge, what other stuff are you interested in? Couple of good bands that I would recommend are;

- Systematic (Nu-Metal Grungey Therapy type band)
    - Life of Agony - their 'Soul Searching Sun' album is very good
    - Type O Negative - 'October Rust' album is cool
    - Anthrax *ducks again to avoid nu-metaller projectiles* - check out their best of album 'Return of the Killer A's', there are lots of great tracks on there.
    - Soulfly - Max Cavelera...nuff said!!!!!!
    - Filter - you can download some of their tracks from www.mp3search.com, check them out. Their 'title of record' album is very impressive.

Originally posted by SYL
    Systematic (Nu-Metal Grungey Therapy type band)
    cool never heard o them....
    Life of Agony - their 'Soul Searching Sun' album is very good
    but their river runs red album sucks bum...keith caputos solo stuff is class
    - Type O Negative - 'October Rust' album is cool
    true
    Anthrax *ducks again to avoid nu-metaller projectiles* - check out their best of album 'Return of the Killer A's', there are lots of great tracks on there.
    gone off them a bit, should dust it off again and relive the moments
    Soulfly - Max Cavelera...nuff said!!!!!!
    oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! :)
    Filter - you can download some of their tracks from www.mp3search.com, check them out. Their 'title of record' album is very impressive.
    hhhhmmmmmmm dunno about this one, not one my favorite bands! :P

cheers all the same man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I'd have to recommend Coil espically the "Hellrasier Soundtrack" they did.....

I think you'd better now them from their remixes of NIN's "Broken"...(which was called "Fixed";))

And Opera IX's early stuff was excellent....."Call Of The Wood" is a class album...

And NTM are pretty good as well...excellent French hip-hop...I'd recommend "Paris Sous Les Bombes" (just thought I'd add ina little diversity:D)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got Chimaria's "Pass Out Of Existence" recently and it's excellent. Nu in places, Death in others, Grunge in others - it's quite a mixup. Well good.

If you fancy something a bit strange, sheck out Converge's "Jane Doe". It's not really possible to stick a label on it :)

Don't forget - there's a new Soulfly album this month!!!

Too true Kharn, Chimaria's 'Dead Inside' song is a blast.
    Sinus, check out systematic's homepage on http://www.systematic1.com/ and try to download some of their tunes, I recommend 'Dopesick', 'Beginning of the End', 'Deep Colors Bleed' or 'Somewhere In Between' as they all rock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

i really like headswim, but their first albums way better than the second. remember mike starr from AIC?? i have a cd of a band called sun red sun, from when he left AIC... and its horrible!! just had to tell you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

You should try system of a down , rammstein and ill nino , they are just brilliant , Rammstein are sort of unusual , but brilliant , sure have a listen anyway and see what you think .

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Zyklon, Immortal, Superjoint Ritual, Vader, Children of Bodom, The Crown, Opeth, Soilwork, At The Gates

If you don't like these bands, YOU ARE GAY

have any of you guys ever heard of Mad Season,they only had 1 album called above,it was ****in brilliant.

Layne Staley-vocals (alice in chains)
    Mike Mc Creedy-Guitar (pearl jam)
    Barret Martin- drums (screaming trees)

they split up after their bass player baker saunders died of a heroin overdose.you should check them out

THE WALRUS HAS SPOKEN

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Kharn
    If you fancy something a bit strange, sheck out Converge's "Jane Doe". It's not really possible to stick a label on it :)

They're Noisecore.

Personally, I can't even stand Grindcore, so Noise is a bit too much for me.
    The idea of a style of music that is meant to be "Non-Musical" is one that I don't quite like.

I heard their album, and I can't really say I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

I forgot to mention a band earlier they are Godsmack , i have only heard a bit of them because they are a new band to me , they are pirty good , sure give them a listen .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Saboteur

Check out AKERCOCKE. Pure genius. One of the best bands that I've heard in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by Saboteur
    Check out AKERCOCKE. Pure genius. One of the best bands that I've heard in years.

Agreed.
    They're definetly brilliant.

Advertisement