Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cdwow.ie

Options
  • 10-06-2002 4:24pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭

Have just discovered this site, has anyone used them ?
    Prices seem pretty good (comparable with play.com) and include delivery.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

ya, found the site a few weeks ago. the prices seem pretty good.

i registered and tried to buy a cd and it wouldnt allow me :(
    i was logged in to the site but when i tried to buy something i was told that i wasnt logged in. so i logged in AGAIN and AGAIN and i still got the same crappy message.

havent tried it since then.....

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

Yeah, I bought a few CD's of them and have had no problems. Delivery times are 3-4 days which isn't bad considering there coming over from Hong Kong or somewhere like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭flyz

If they haven't it in stock then it could take up to a week but all in all they're cheap and efficient and let you know if your order is going to take longer than a few days.

Only problem I have with them is the state of the CD cases when they get here. I got 3 CD's off them and there was something wrong with each one. :(
    but if your like me and keep all your CD's in a CD wallet then it don't matter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

nice and cheap but absolutly no selection atall:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I had a quick look at the site but I wasn't sure what to make of it. From what I can tell they are importing their stock from America and flogging it all off. This is ok for CDs but unless You have your DVD player chipped or have a multiregion player you're not going to be able to see what you've paid for. Also the American packaging on DVDs is sometimes different which may annoy the odd person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

I have used them a lot for buying CDs and have never had any problems.

Their prices are great and up to recently they were even a euro cheaper!

I have never got a cracked cd case or anything. I think they are actually sent from England (having been packed and sent from Hong Kong to England warehouses originally.)

Some of their CD stock is American but you can tell that from the cover images and listings on the site so you know what you are getting.

As for DVDs, I know nothing about them, but they definitely have offices in the UK so I doubt they are selling products which won't work there! :)

You get confirmation of all your orders and get sent an e-mail when it has been sent too. They usually arrive within a week.

Their staff are really helpful and get back to you really quickly if you have queries.

Basically, I would completely recommend them. They are certainly way better than DMG - Far Better Prices and Far Quicker service!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

www.cd101.co.uk when they are cheap they are CHEAP!
    dont know what their service is like havent ordered yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭mocar

yes i have bought a few cds from them much cheaper than the shops and no problem with delivery. 2 - 3 days they will email you if there is a problem.
    I recommend them totally
    mo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I think cdwow.ie is FANTASTIC. I've ordered a few CD's off them and they usually only take 4-5 days to come, free postage and incredibly cheap, you can't argue with that.

Play.com are also a great company, their delivery times used to be slightly dodgy but they're fine now.

I saw the new Eminem CD for €25 in HMV, and it's €14.99 on cdwow, including postage. You can't say that's not good!

And as for their selection, they were playing it very safe when they launched but they've gotten a little more diverse since

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This seems good:

http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_2.php?product_code=2228

South park 6th Season, only half aired in the USA and available on DVD.

Pretty good i think seeing as Season 5 is still new to here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

They also have 'I am sam' on DVD next week which is cool seeing as it was only released here 2-3 weeks ago!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

Have bought from them loads of times. Delivery is 3-4 days, from Hong Kong. DVD's are available well before they are even out in the States, only they are Asian Region - so you better have a multi-region system. Helluva lot cheaper than buying from the shops and the postage is free. I think they have a pretty damn good selection - for new releases anyway, not so much collectables.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

If they're based in Honk Kong how does that effect Customs and VAT charges?

Are your CDs liable to be stopped?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

has no effect whatsoever. The company is selling as an Irish Company - the price on their website is all you pay, they would have to have sorted something out with customs or they're just super smart. Either way I have received all my CD's with no problem whatsoever. It would be great if everyone started buying from them... then all the retailers here would be forced to lower their ridiculous prices and cop on. Its pretty much the same for ordering anything over the web. If you want something you can be gauranteed to get it cheaper over the web from somwhere else around the world. Especially if you order from Europe where we are all the same curreny - therefore you cant get hit for VAT. I buy lots of things from Germany - and the price difference even after shopping is amazing. Probably should make a thread on this

Advertisement