Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother - Who do you think will win ?

Options
  • 08-06-2002 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭

Well it's been on long enough now for people to have a fairly good idea what the participants are like, so who do you think will win and why ?

A separate question is who do you want to win, and we can talk about that in the thread as well.

And what do you think of tonight's task ? Would you consider the outcome to be cruel and unusual punishment ?

Funny that Sandy and Alex have been split up. The winning five are already talking about winding the losers up by changing their clothes a few times a day.

Who do you think will win Big Brother ? 34 votes

Adele
    0% 0 votes
    Alex
    11% 4 votes
    Jade
    11% 4 votes
    Jonny
    0% 0 votes
    Kate
    35% 12 votes
    Lee
    17% 6 votes
    PJ
    0% 0 votes
    Sandy
    0% 0 votes
    Spencer
    5% 2 votes
    Sophie
    17% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

adele will win i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hmm.... Jonny and Spencer in the lead in the ICDG BB Poll ...

Meanwhile the housemates are going mad. Kate says she won't celebrate her birthday if the others can't too. Is she being nice or just acting up to the cameras ?

And there seems to be a lot of bad feeling about who got to take a shot and who didn't.

Watch the fur fly.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I reckon Jonny will win. If not him, Kate (mmm :p).

OT, I think the bars suck. Unless it improves soon.:(

Well now I think Sophie is a complete Babe:)
    She's just lovely in every way:) and seems genuinely interested in what everyone has to say.
    Jade I cannot stand although her coversation with Spenser regarding the whereabouts of Cambridge was priceless:D
    She thought it was on the Thames and in London....Spenser asked if she had been taking the stupid pills???
    Poor old Jade was looking very Rough, as she popped up from under the covers, the morning after her birthday-I didn't fancy that!
    I have a gut feeling that Kate is playing a more clever game than meets the eye.
    I don't like adele-she in my opinion has the oposite qualities to Sophie and is very false.
    Regarding Alex-I was glad to see him escape eviction, in the knowledge that it would annoy the others:D but also maybe the fact that he has to stay at least another week in with the great unwashed too:D
    Jonnie seems as genuine as Sophie.
    mm

Graham Norton refers to Jade as "The Pig". I admit it's cruel, but sometimes the similarity is scary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

jonny will probably win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    Graham Norton refers to Jade as "The Pig". I admit it's cruel, but sometimes the similarity is scary.

Does anyone else think that Jade and Chief Wiggum from the Simpsons are very similar?

Originally posted by ShaneOC
    Does anyone else think that Jade and Chief Wiggum from the Simpsons are very similar?

She looks just like Chief Wiggum, but she cries just like Ned Flanders (to paraphrase Bob Dylan).

Isn't Big Brother's Little Brother a much better programme than the actual Big Brother show ?

BBLB is good but I still like watching the show on Channel 4. Having seen last nights episode I think that Big Brother may have gone to far with the division of the house. I hope they remove it at the end of the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

from what i've seen those bars have made it a lot more boring :o

• Advertisement

Big shake up tonight with Lee and Jonny nominated ...

Goodbye Lee.....

Bigger happenings today.

Spencer has crossed the barrier and Sandy has escaped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why no "Channel 4" answer option on the poll?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Hmmm, Mike you have a point.

I haven't voted, cos I dont care. I would like a "none of the above" option. If folk agree, I'll add it in......

Originally posted by DamoDMC
    I haven't voted, cos I dont care.

That makes sense. I never vote in polls that don't interest me.

Meanwhile Jade has been barred from nominating anyone next week, although she can be nominated herself. Seems a bit harsh. What did she actually say about the nominations that got her barred ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Er thats kinda stupid, its obvious everyone hates nominating people, she's been let off the hook. Its a gift more than a punishment!

I was in Belfast yesterday-roamed on all the networks but wasn't allowed to text vote for Lee.
    Presumably because 83188 is a premium text number ie 25p on top of normal texting charges there.
    The premium number to vote was also Barred via a roaming ROI Vodaphone.
    But I eventually got rid of my change in a call box on the way home:D

Lee-I know it's friday-but keep your hands off my Sophie:p
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Folks, you missed summat.....

No sex in Big Brother please, we're British

Matt Wells
    MediaGuardian.co.uk
    http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/comment/0,7493,737545,00.html
    Friday June 14, 2002

Big Brother

It should have been the show's defining moment, an opportunity for blanket front-page coverage. But the first sign of nookie in the British version of Big Brother caused such high-level hand-wringing at Channel 4 that it has passed virtually without comment.

Last year the prospect of even a peck on the cheek between participants Helen Adams and Paul Clark had the press salivating for weeks.

But the full-on squelch fest enjoyed by PJ and Jade - dubbed the "PJ-BJ" by insiders - was coyly passed over by Big Brother producers, on orders from the highest level at Channel 4, after it became apparent the couple had engaged in oral sex.

A few discreet shots of duvet-rumpling made it on to Wednesday night's Big Brother summary show on Channel 4, with no indication in the commentary of what had taken place.

Viewers of Big Brother's Little Brother, the accompanying fanzine show that is shown on E4 and Channel 4, were similarly short-changed.

And any viewers expecting a full explanation in last night's update of exactly what went on were left disappointed - there was not as much as an aside in the commentary.

Sources at Channel 4 confirmed the director of programmes, Tim Gardam, ordered the content of the main evening show on Wednesday to be "toned down" and banned discussion of the event on Big Brother's Little Brother.

Executives at Endemol Entertainment, which makes the show for Channel 4, were said to have been furious.

Cynical observers believe Endemol and Channel 4 went to great lengths this year to increase the likelihood of sex between the participants.

They installed double beds and ensured mixed-sex bedrooms by dividing the house into two parts, one more luxurious than the other.

Given the expectations, Endemol executives believe Mr Gardam's intervention to be all the more surprising.

Had the Channel 4 publicity machine had been allowed to crank up the heat before Wednesday night's show, the programme's already high ratings would almost certainly have received an extra boost.

But Mr Gardam is thought to have been worried at potential adverse press reaction.

The episode has caused exasperation at Endemol, where executives are worried the programme is already showing signs of strain following the decision of two participants to leave voluntarily.

There is thought to be serious concern that the show could simply collapse this year.

The motto of Conrad Green, previously Big Brother's series editor and now the head of entertainment development at the BBC, was "keep it real".

Also Peter Bazalgette, the creative director of Endemol Entertainment UK, said Big Brother would not gloss over the nature of any relationships formed between the housemates.

While there would have been no question of showing sexually explicit scenes - in the event, little of the footage would have frightened the horses at the independent television commission - the programme makers believe viewers should have the chance to see the relationships developing between participants.

Viewers vote each week on who to oust and the relationships between housemates play a part in who is chosen for eviction.

Mr Bazalgette has previously doubted whether there would ever be sex in the UK version of Big Brother.

After the first series in 2000, he said: "I think Britain is about the only place not to have had any sex.

"There was non-stop sex in the Spanish show, sex three or four times in the German version and that famous sex scene in the Dutch programme - so we are unique in having none."

Not any more - but not that you would know.

Big shake up tonight with Lee and Jonny nominated ...

Goodbye Lee.....

So this week it's Alex and Spencer. I got it right last week, but I reckon this one will be a lot closer.

I'll say .... Goodbye Alex (but I hope I'm wrong). Who do you reckon will go ?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think Alex will go. Please god he will do :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭three

Come on Kate

I'm 1000th post.

Originally posted by BuffyBot
    I think Alex will go. Please god he will do :D
    If that happens the house will be boring.
    Whats need are characters that get up each others noses.
    Makes good viewing.
    Spenser smells anyhow:D
    mm

So this week it's Alex and Spencer. I got it right last week, but I reckon this one will be a lot closer.

I'll say .... Goodbye Alex (but I hope I'm wrong). Who do you reckon will go ?

I was wrong, but I'm glad. Smelly's gone, and insane Alex stays.

It's really looking like Alex could win this. I mean who's his competition now ? Jonny is the only one who'd stand a chance of beating him in a vote now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 John Q

Johnny going to win
    Jade the bitch for hell

So Adele's favourite joke is "Did you hear about the Irish fish ? It drowned !!"

Pretty funny.

But it'll be even funnier when she gets the boot. She's even worse than Jade (if such a thing is possble).

Who do you reckon for the nominations tomorrow ?

Jade's a cert.

Well its coming to light now, who is playing the game.
    Adele is open about it, as is Tim via the diary room.
    And they all think Jade isn't being thick at all, but actually playing the game.
    She's out obviously now.
    I'm starting to love Kate-she's beautifull :) and was so kind to Sophie, genuinely, I think, when the rest were all bitching.
    Unfortunately, (unless the tongue s thing has changed him) Kate is guaranteed at least adele and Alex's vote so only one more and she joins Jade, but stays in :)
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

well there's 4 up for eviction this week. they are:

1. Adele
    2. Jade
    3. Johnny
    4. Kate

get rid of the Miss Piggy lookalike (number 2 BTW)

I agree with Madman about Kate - she is beautiful and I'm liking her more and more. I'm amazed that she was nominated, considering that she gave up her place on the rich side for a chance to take down the bars.

Although Jade is looking like a cert for eviction this week, there seems to be a swing happening towards Adele. It may end up being a close call.

The other thing that will be interesting is to see who's more popular, Kate or Jonny.

And Tim's hair really does seem to be getting redder by the day.

I think they'll need a crowbar to get Jonny out.

Well I'm Glad adele is out-she looked sickened and that was a treat to watch.
    Strangely though, I expected her to act normal when it came to the Davina interview.
    She gave no valid reason for disliking Jonny-so made it even more obvious that her dislike of him was part of playing the game , ie he might win.
    She was still playing at interview time then and came across as...well rotten really.

My guess now is that she has damaged Alex's chances and greatly enhanced pJ's and Kate.

Hard to know who will win now.
    Though it's very likely that Jade will be out next unless she's up against Tim.
    mm

• Advertisement

It doesn't sem fair that Kate and PJ are both up for eviction on the basis of a lottery.

Does Big Brother not realise that everyone wants Jade out, and most people want to see the back of Tim (not so nice, but still dim) ?

Advertisement