Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat guitars

Options
  • 07-06-2002 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Can some one please tell me what the difference between a fat telecaster and a standerd telecaster and an affinity series telecaster.

And can where can you get double neck guitars (electric) not that i will b gettinting one just out of curiosity

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

A fat telecaster has a humbucker pickup (double coil pickup) at the neck. The same for the fat strat.

And I think Walton's currently have an Epiphone Doubleneck.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

I've got a mexican standard and I wouldn't part with it for anything! If I were you lookin' for that fatter tone I'd upgrade the the pickups to some smokin seymore duncans. But shop around cause when I was lookin for my tele I seen some dodgy ones and they were both new and some were american!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Is the affinity series not the squier brand, go to www.fender.com they give some info there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

A fat strat/tele has a humbucker in the Bridge, giving it a "fatter" tone.
    I would recommend one if you are looking to buy.
    A standard Telecastor usually just has single coil neck and bridge pickups, and are highly recommended also,
    and an affinity is a piece of shít squire (aren't they all :))

The double necks they have in waltons are rubbish, the epiphone sg double neck they had a while back was in bits, It wouldn't tune either. There usually too expensive compared to the quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lethal dose

Yes, Giblet is right bout the afinity stuff its not the best of budget gear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

There are two kinds of squire guitars mar thampla you can buy a Squire Strat for about IR£130, whereas you can buy a Squire Stratocastor for about IR£300 which is of a slightly superior quality than the cheaper
    squire strat , which i think is the squire affinity brand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

assuming its the same for their Strats as their Telecasters, there's the Squier Affinity Telecaster which is cheaper and from what I've heard a portion of excrement, then there's the more expensive standard Squier Telecaster of which I am the proud owner and its fine for my purposes :)

Advertisement