Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New NTL Ad

Options
  • 07-06-2002 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I heard a new ad for ntl:digital on the radio today, it was supposed to be two neighbours chatting to each other about a third neighbour getting Sky.

Most of it was just the usual rubbish about not having to have a dish, but the interesting part was at the end they said "sure, they don't get UTV or Channel 4!"

Hopefully this will make Sky wake up and get us the channels.

Glenn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I heard that too. Surely the head of SKY Ireland Mark Deering listens to the radio and will be chatting to SKY bosses saying there are taking the mick out of us.

I bet we will see channel 4 before we see ITV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i heard it too and i thought about Mr. Deering sitting at his office desk in Dublin cursing and swearing at the wireless. come on Mark, make us happy subscribers

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by irishgeo

I bet we will see channel 4 before we see ITV.

I bet we will get both at same time! Note that this is just my reckoning, not inside info (if only)!;)

I've heard this add also and thought the same as ye all here :)

NTL are doing the right thing by emphasising that they provide UTV and CH4 while Sky don't.
    It's about time that ridiculous situation was brought out more as NTL have done in this add.
    It exposes Sky to a more truthfull competition.
    mm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

UTV and Channel 4 will be appearing on Sky Ireland after the World Cup (So it is rumoured).
    So what NTL are doing is getting as many customers as is humanly possible before early July.
    I predict the channels will appear Friday July 12th. (After the loyalist march).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

where did you hear that carrolls its not any websites i check out and i never heard that before .

Its sounds too simple to be true and too good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

chorus are running a similar ad too at the moment
    you get a second free point including utv & ch 4
    or somet along those lines

come on Sky, get the finger out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Eh those FREE points are just analog points right? The kind you can do yourself for in fact eh.. FREE.. besides C4 and UTV aside, NTL make it out like they provide more.. apart from those 2 channels is NTL that provide feck all channels for i think more money than sky.. and the signal tends to drop out on NTL so all in all its not worth getting NTL... i like my sky!!

Though in fairnes.. fair play to NTL for the ad, as above maybe Sky will stick UTV and C4 on there asap now as opposed to when they get around to it!

Advertisement