Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Dee Dee Ramone

Options
  • 06-06-2002 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭

I don't really care, but maybe some of you do

click here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I care. Am very sad. Will be having commemorative pogo around flat tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Really man have some respect.

Without this man we, the rock community, would be a lot poorer.

Come on join in....

"I guess I better Tell 'em/That I've lost my cerebelum"

Tennage Lebotomey

Rock on inheaveb Dee Dee!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

A True Legend,

Rock In Peace DeeDee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

New York Times obituary here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rockrgirl

well, it's over a wk. later, and i'm still bummed. this band deserves everyones respect if not ur undying affection, they influenced so many, with hardly any recognition 4 it. all i know is heaven'll be a better place, more interesting anyway,now that they're both rockin the joint........Peace DeeDee and Joey, u'll live 4ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

:( Only found out today... damn that's depressing...
    Amazes me that no one has any kind of respect or admiration of any kind for the Ramones or for other influential bands (look at some of the replies on the "whose death affected you most" thread). Without the Ramones there would not have been punk. If it wasn't for the Ramones and the bands they influenced (the original punks and in fact pretty much every punk band that ever came after them) rock music today would be a lot different, most likely a lot ****ter... something like in the words of Joe Strummer "Rod Stewart with his string orchestra... it's not what you feel like". I for one am indebted to Dee Dee, Joey and the survivors for not only making some of the best punk rock ever (1 "KKK Took My Baby Away" is worth 100 of "What's My Age Again") but for influencing generations of artists so that I have something to listen to other than Westlife.

Rant over. Rest in peace Dee Dee, though I guess his idea of peace is probably different from ours :cool:

Advertisement