Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need the Irish national anthem guitar tab

Options
  • 05-06-2002 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭

Getting all patriotic now but who cares, i am playing a gig next week and thought the anthem may get it started well, but the problem is i cant find guitar tab for the irish anthem anywhere.

The only bloody anthem's available on any of the tab sites are either the american or the british anthem's, so if anyone has it or knows where i can obtain it please post the link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

My god I was playing Irish stuff all day too.
    I haven't got a guitar at the moment so i can't tab the natiional anthem. But I can tab this from memory

e|----------------------
    B|----------------------
    G|----------------------
    D|----5-4-7--5-4--------
    A|--7-------7-----7-5-7-
    E|----------------------

Italia 90 world cup song :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Cheers Giblet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

ive been wantin to tab that song for ages, it rules! you would'nt know where i could get it in mp3?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I found a decent enough version at a pretty crappy tab site http://www.guitartabs.cc/fetchurl.php?filename=/m/misc_irish/irish_national_anthem.tab

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭fuse

Originally posted by Sliotar
    ive been wantin to tab that song for ages, it rules! you would'nt know where i could get it in mp3?

If its "put 'em under pressure" your looking for its here:

http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~shano/ceol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

The '90 World cup song was the tune from An Dearg Doom by the Horslips. This is some of the tab. Repeat as necessary (Can be played an octave lower if you want)

Part 1

e|
    B|--6-5-8----6--6p5
    G|7
    7p5-

Part 2

e|
    B|-6p5
    G|
    7p5--7

Part 3

e|----5
    8-8
    B|-8

Move everything up 2 steps at the end of the song (From Key of C to D)

Advertisement