Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark Angel finale

Options
  • 04-06-2002 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

So, what did everyone make of the last episode of Dark Angel?

I found it much more cinematic than the rest of the series, obviously due to the fact Cameron himself directed the episode. Too bad the writers weren't actually told it was going to be the last episode; a lot of storylines were left hanging, the impending catastrophe for one and what exactly happened to Lydecker.

In another sense, it provided a nice close to the series. Sure, a lot of stuff was left up in the air, but White got his ass kicked. Yay. Hopefully Cameron will get his wish and some TV movies will be made in the future, or perhaps another network will pick up the show. If not, it was fun anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so thats the end of dark angel. They not doig anymore series? Dam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

That one had Lita from WWE(wwf) in it didnt it?

Bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It was crap and used the same method of escape that was used in a previous show. The fight scenes could have been so much better then they were. Big disappointent.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by yellum
    The fight scenes could have been so much better then they were. Big disappointent.
    Yeah, do they not have an ammo budget? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i missed it :mad: . will it be repeated anytime.

what are the chances of another US network picking it up. didn't that happen to Buffy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

how come they dropped the show? weren't lots of people watching it? I thought it was a pretty popular show? loads of people were watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I thought it was the best ep i have seen in a long time on the show! I had one problem... Lita sucks... she did only wrestling moves along with her sig move... rubbish... Aside from her it was a very good show. Only silly bit but it did not bother me was where max jumps on the hoverdrne and surfs through the window... reminded me of Snake Plisskin surfing through LA on the big wave! Looked real bad but was funny in a naff sort of way.

The show itself was great though.. Joshua is cool and his flag was very nice too! I thought there would be another series which would end the current story and that was were it would end. Though its fine where it is if they make a movie or two about the rest.. even if its just a TV movie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Lit broke her neck filming that show

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Damarr

Originally posted by suppafly
    how come they dropped the show? weren't lots of people watching it? I thought it was a pretty popular show? loads of people were watching it?

Not in America at least. It dropped to 125th place in the ratings, and given the cost, FOX dumped it in favour of paying for Joss Whedon's new series Firefly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I think they also needed to beef up the story, they just spent to much of the budget on effects and Ms. Alba's make-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

My mother was in America last week and she told me it was axed because of complaints that the show was to violent and that lead to a boycott.

Stupid old nags complaining cost us a good show.

Advertisement