Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 strings

Options
  • 01-06-2002 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Does ANYONE make left-handed 7 strings?????
    Me wants one

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

Don't know of any where that makes lefty 7 strings.
    I do know thay make lefty guitars so there must be one out there some where, you'll probably have to order it in from some where and it will cost you.

But couldn't you just put the strings on upside down?
    Maybe it would **** up the guitar.
    And probably make it look horrible.
    (swap em 1 at a time if you do try it)
    I dunno tho, don't try it, consult some1 in a guitar shop before killing a guitar.

Everyone knows not to listen to my whacky ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Ibanez prolly do one, but it'll cost ya. Considering the cheapest right-handed 7 stringer I've ever seen costs €800 (that was a while ago though), it will be megabucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

You could buy a right handed one and string it left but if will change the string tensions to what there meant to be at. Hendrick played with a right handed guitar strung left handed and I've seen guitarists puttling left handed necks on their guitars to get different tones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

True but Hendrix had the neck re-set on all the strats he played didn'y he? Resat the nut so the string tension was correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He just changed the nut, so the p/u's were still backward, so the G and B strings sounded different to what you would expect, i think the B was louder, because the poles were closer, but I cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

hmm. i dont know what hendrix did about nuts. i thought that the tensions would be messed up.

what is the 7th string anyway? (b,d etc) is it high or low?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Next 'B' down from the bottom (low) 'E'.

If you're playing it à la Korn, then it's down-tuned a tone to 'A'.

Advertisement