Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goodbye Hole

Options
  • 31-05-2002 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭

Courtney Love has confirmed the break up of Hole after a rocking 13 years. A statement on the band’s website declared: "Courtney Love and [guitarist] Eric Erlandson announced today that they will no longer record or tour together as Hole". The band have been on hiatus since their 1998 album, Celebrity Skin, during which time Love has pursued a successful acting career and various musical projects, including the formation of all-female band Bastard in 2001.
    Can't say I didnt see it coming, but its disappoointing nonetheless.
    :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

shrug, no suprises there...they've been basically broken up for quite a while

they're first (?) album (most of it written by kurt cobain) was pretty good, someone gave me a tape with bits and pieces of it on it

oh well, nm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I wasn't aware he wrote any of their stuff. Which album are you talking about? (2nd one I presume as they weren't even an item when "Pretty on the Inside" was released)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I'd love to smack the ****ing head of that Courtney Love one, but I guess I can't cos I'm a man, and she's a........ an ALIEN!! Ah well **** it! **smacks her one** :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Not soon enough...anyway we all know that Hole's best songs were written by other people....eg Corgan and Cobain

it's not like it's a loss.....

Advertisement