Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

copy- 'right' or law

Options
  • 28-05-2002 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Just read on the CNN homepage that the Music (kartel) industry is sueing another company that sells or 'promotes' music sharing systems. ('napster')

I do understand why there is such a thing as copy right and intellectuel property, but damn if only they could drop the prices of any media that can hold music..i would gladly buy them in a official way.

I am a fan of Jazz music, and never have any problems finding cd's at a very low price, and i will buy them at HMV, Virgin or what place else. But if you look around for more recent style chart music..you get the idea that the prices suddenly been boosted too much. Is this solely because the music is new and just released...don't think so.

It's not that those chart musicians get hungry because i copy a cd but i understand if everybody does it ..sure they will go bankrupt and they loose profits. I understand that this is a bussines that needs our pocket money to survive..but look how long we have those music sharing programs and i havent heard any band or company being busted because of that , or do i see popstars being poor (see MTV cribs) so what is going on and should the music industry not see that buying cd's is not a prime need (for some us, it isn't)?

Any thoughts on that ?
    what makes the price of a cd?

Advertisement