Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tricks for getting rid of static?

Options
  • 28-05-2002 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

on my bass the static buzz only goes away when i touch the volume control knobs for the the pickups or the treble control. anyone have any ideas or tricks for gettin rid of it?
    a friend of mine stuck blu-tack or somethin on the tuning keys and that did it for him.

P.S. if anyone knows why static buzz happens plz explain it fer me!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Jackoman

I sometimes get that when I am messing with the pickup switch. I was told if you get a can of compressed air and spray beneath all the pickups, knobs and switches it helps clean them out. Other wise check to see that none of the wires are touching of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

When you touch the Pickups you ground them, they are not earthed properly. this can be easily fixed either by re-wiring them, or using shielding.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

thats what i thought it was giblet thx. whats shielding? its a brand new bass so i dont think i need to clean it out ;)

Look up Pickup shielding on google, too long for me to type out what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

thx i looked it up but im not disassembling my guitar, could get it done professionally but that would cost green. anway the buzzing aint that bad ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

My Guitar buzzes like a f**ker
    Its the fault of my crappy pickups which i should replace.

Try to find some1 in a band that will do it for you.

If you have a guarentee on your guitar go in and moan,
    cause a sceen until you get what you want, say the buzzing is cutting out your play and they ripped you off.
    Once potential buyers start looking they fix it for you.

If you have to pay to get it fixed, remember it will take ages to get done, you'll be without your axe for a week or 2 depending on how slow they are.

But say you need it for a preformance ;) thats why you want rid of the buzzing.

Single coils are feckers for buzzing. Humbuckers reduce the buzz by a good bit.

Advertisement