Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Mission

Options
  • 26-05-2002 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

I just saw The Mission in Vicar Street last night!
    Fecking brilliant gig!

Got a T-shirt too!

Most of the band were session players.
    Low and behold, who was playing Guitar?
    None other than Rob Holiday!!!

Got backstage and met him too!
    He squiggled on my ticket for me also.

Well chuffed at meeting him.

But... There's probably nobody here who knows who Rob Holiday is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 TheLizardKing

The name sound framiliar..who is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭Lolo

I can honestly say that out of all the bands I liked in my Goff days, The Mission are the only one I never, ever dig out from the depths of my collection. I saw them a few times and always really enjoyed them, they just haven't dated very well I guess... And of course I used to fancy Wayne Hussey, what was I thinking?!!!!

And I've no idea who Rob Holiday is, sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Rob Holiday is the Singer/Guitarist and main songwriter from Sulpher.

He also plays with The Creatures, The Cramps and co-wrote Gary Numan's last album.

I should know of this blokes's existence then, I shall check in the C section of my record collection to see if he's on any of my Creatures of Cramps rekkids. Was he with the Creatures when they played in the Music Centre? And what are Sulpher like?

Apparently Wayne H. was getting on down to Gary Numan at Helter Shelter after the gig.

Any idea what happened to the rest of the original Mission members? (So many questions!)

• Advertisement

I have no idea!
    I didn't see the creatures last time.

But I heard The Banshee's will be playing the Ambassador in July.

No idea about the original Mission members tho. :(

With so mny questions I'm not surprised you didn't answer them all, so I'll say it again ;) ... what are Sulpher like?

And yes, the Banshees are playing in the Ambassador in July, plus 2 nights over here in London too. I'm very excited as I've never seen them before (too young to go when they last played in Dublin, never bothered my arse to go and come over here to see them before I lived here).

Oh yeah, sorry.

They're an industrial band, kinda NiN/Ministy style.
    Very good.

Probably the kind of thing I would have loved ten years ago but couldn't be arsed with now - but I shall leaf through the collections of my industrial-freak friends to see if they have any.

The only industrial I listen to these days is old-school Neubauten/ Throbbing Gristle/ Cabaret Voltaire type stuff, and only then when I'm performing a household task that necessetates violent clanking sounds as an accompaniment.

Advertisement