Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Senator Palpatine & Darth Sidious

Options
  • 24-05-2002 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Can somebody answer this please?

Are Darth Sidious and Palpatine the same person or is Sidious using Palpatine as a pawn or what's the story between them?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by jonno
    Are Darth Sidious and Palpatine the same person... ?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I was sorta thinking that but I just keep confusing myself. Can you explain it like a good star wars fan?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by jonno
    Can you explain it like a good star wars fan?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Palpatine is from the Naboo, where Sidious is from is unknown. Sidious has been around a long while and was even a member of the Jedi council, while being a sith.

Palpatine is a sith Practitioner, the question that needs answering the link between Palpatine and the ordering the army of the old republic by Sidious. The only why this could be done would be if Sidious was Palpatine. How is this so, well no being very sure of all the sith powers I'd imagine there was a merging of sorts.

The other possiblity is that Palpatine was Sidious apprentice and was part of Sidious's grand plan, carried it on if you will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Ok here it is

Ill give a spoiler warring here

Darth Sidious and Palpatine are the same person, they are in fact both The leader Emipre, aka Emporer Palpatine or The Emporer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Wheeler

Phew...I idnt reply sooner cos i thought nowone was going to give the next movie away...The emperor is currently the head of the jedi council....figure it out

Okay..still need help

Who erased the knowlege of the missing galaxy
    Hardly Yoda

Phew...I idnt reply sooner cos i thought nowone was going to give the next movie away...The emperor is currently the head of the jedi council....figure it out

Okay..still need help

Who erased the knowlege of the missing galaxy
    Hardly Yoda"

Palpantine, wasn't head of the jedi council, the Jedi council are free of the republic senate, they are free to do whatever they want (good thing their good). They act as the police for the old republic and so would have been reporting there findings to chancellor like they would done to Valorum.

While Sidious was on the council, he would have had deleted the info on Kamino once he orderd the army.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have not read them but according to the original stories... Palpatine was the emporor, he is Darth Sidius and that has been made quite clear.. even at the end of Phantom menace it was fairly obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yes.

Don't want to say too much as this may give away what *may* happen in the *possible* next trilogy.

Suffice it to say the dark side can do many wonderous things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

okay reading these posts is giving me a headache
    i mean the story isnt that hard to follow

sidious is palpatine, obviously if the trade
    federation knew it was palpatine orchestrating
    their war they wouldnt do it or they would have
    made it public, thus making palpatines chances
    at becomeing supreme chancellor null and void.

as for the records, are you forgetting that
    count dooku was a member of the council at one
    stage, sidious was not

the clone army was ordered by Dooku in the guise
    of another jedi, thats what obi-wan found out
    on kamino, you realy think dooku would leave
    a paper trail to the clone army.

dooku isnt an apprentice either he is a sith master, but he
    answers to the sith lord Darth sidious (palpatine)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Yep the way I see it Palpatine and Sidious are the same person. In the guise of Sidious he orchestrated the trade federation's blockade and invasion of his home planet Naboo in the Phantom Pants in order to become supreme chancellor. He then orders the secret creation of the clone army (10 years before AotC) and then uses Dooku to create an emergency using trade federation again and those industrialist boyos so that he can be granted emergency powers and have an excuse to call upon the convenient clone army. Now he's got dictatorial power and a loyal army i.e. he can make himself supreme emporer jobby easily. The smarty pants.

To be honest I'm rooting for Palpatine/Sidious Anakin and Obi-Wan both deserve a punch. A punch in the face.

Originally posted by veonix

sidious is palpatine, obviously if the trade
    federation knew it was palpatine orchestrating
    their war they wouldnt do it or they would have
    made it public, thus making palpatines chances
    at becomeing supreme chancellor null and void.

Aye sidious is palpatine but the question is how did sidious become palpatine, its explained in one of the books in the expaned universe, Sidious merged with Palpatine.

as for the records, are you forgetting that
    count dooku was a member of the council at one
    stage, sidious was not
    [/QUOTE]

The big alien with the huge neck says Sifo Diyus in other words Sidious. Dooku would have been a member of the council when someone went to the cloners, thus a good jedi, since there can only be 2 sith at anyone time and Maul was the apprentice at this time. Thus Sidious was a member of the council feigning being a good jedi.

the clone army was ordered by Dooku in the guise
    of another jedi, thats what obi-wan found out
    on kamino, you realy think dooku would leave
    a paper trail to the clone army.
    [/QUOTE]

Sidious ordered the army, Dooku was still a Jedi at this point.

dooku isnt an apprentice either he is a sith master, but he
    answers to the sith lord Darth sidious (palpatine)
    [/QUOTE]

Dooku is an apprentice, since he answers to Sidious. In the sith there can be only 2 the master and the apprentice. The apprentice replaces the master when the master dies and takes on another apprentice. Sure yoda and Sam L say so themselves.

Advertisement