Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital all over Spain

Options
  • 24-05-2002 3:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I've just come back from my summer holidays in Spain and was AMAZED to see how prolific Sky digital is there. It seems like every pub and or restaurant has it and there were several full page ads in the local papers selling it the expats.

€900 - €1000 will get you a box, a 1.2m dish and a "regular" UK subscription to the Sky world package all installed. Presumably, you then pay the monthly subscription on top of it. They all offer 24 hour installation with cards and scubscriptions available immediately. They also seemed to offer a free service for getting UK FTA cards (and before you ask, I didn't bring the papers home).

Well I thought it was interesting.

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cableskeptic

Yes very interesting. I heard from a reliable source that currently there are 1 million Sky Digital subs outside the UK and Ireland (with a large percentage in Spain no doubt).

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭SRB

As mentioned before, so long as the subs are paid for, Sky probably don't care. I'm sure though it must annoy pubs in England who keep getting injunctions etc slapped on them by Sky if they try showing non Sky services there...

Advertisement