Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can ye recommend anythin at Ozzfest?!

Options
  • 23-05-2002 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭

Apart from TooL and SOAD and Slayer cuz i know them
    Is there anything else i shud go out of my way to try to see?!
    Anyone know any of these mysterious metal acts? ;)

Well!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Hmmm, that's a tough one. I know, Ozzy.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,615 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Therapy are Ok and you cant miss the god of metal -OZZY.
    Wont be there un fortunately cos Ill be in Spain drinking cheap beer for two weeks.
    Damn shouldnt have booked that holiday in January.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I thoroughly recommend Mushroomhead (sound like a hybrid Slipknot/Faith No More) but unfortunately they are at the 2nd stage and on at the same time as SOAD:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

Mushroomhead definitely, I haven't been impressed by an album that much since I picked up their XX album. DEFINTELY worth catching, I'll be sacrificing SOAD for them, I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What are you talking about SYL, they don't have two bands on at the same time!

Personally, I am looking forward to American Head Charge who I think will have a bangin' live show, and Therapy? who always know how to get a crowd going, although how they'll fare outdoors....

And Ozzy should have some nice special effects....although not bubbles, he *is* the Prince of f*cking darkness after all :OP

By the way, forecast for Sunday is RAIN!!!!! *cry*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

both bands are on at the same time, SOAD are on the main stage and Mushroomhead are playing during SOADs slot but on the 2nd stage:(

they were the two bands that i really really wanted to see their full sets but since their on at same time i have to give up mushroomhead and watch SOAD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'd reconmend the BAR until Tool or Ozzy came on... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,573 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Superskin!

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Superskin!

WORST BAND EVER!!!

Someone please do me a favor, and fire beer-bottles at them.
    Please, aim to kill! I don't want them leaving the stage alive.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by AngelWhore

WORST BAND EVER!!!

Someone please do me a favor, and fire beer-bottles at them.
    Please, aim to kill! I don't want them leaving the stage alive.

Haha! I remember when they played at Tattoo the Planet, everyone at the front of the Point were laughing at their efforts to put on a show. They are simply crap. No other word to describe them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Superskina and Skindive are the two bands that I'm avoiding come Sunday....can we say suck ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

Black Label Society are definitely worth checking out.

Originally posted by deco
    Superskina and Skindive are the two bands that I'm avoiding come Sunday....can we say suck ass?

Skindive are actualy quite good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I bought Skindive's album when it came out and I wasn't to impressed....

It was really trying to be something it wasn't...it was like it had the music market in mind before it was realesed....

It was a bit too much like it was trying to be all things to all people.....

Advertisement