Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Movies changing soon

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭The Cigarette Smoking Man

You'd really wonder what the point of it is. I'd prefer if they stopped wasting money on changing the names of the channels and used the savings to reduce my subscription....
    Sky Premier becomes Sky Movies Premier
    Sky Premier 2 becomes Sky Movies Premier 2
    Sky Premier 3 becomes Sky Movies Premier 3
    Sky Premier 4 becomes Sky Movies Premier 4
    Sky Premier Widescreen becomes Sky Movies Premier Widescreen
    Sky MovieMax becomes Sky Movies Max
    Sky MovieMax 2 becomes Sky Movies Max 2
    Sky MovieMax 3 becomes Sky Movies Max 3
    Sky MovieMax 4 becomes Sky Movies Max 4
    Sky MovieMax 5 becomes Sky Movies Max 5
    Sky Cinema becomes Sky Movies Cinema
    Sky Cinema 2 becomes Sky Movies Cinema 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

they really are rediculous names

who is going to say, "hey watch the film tonight at 10 on Sky Movies Premier Widescreen. it is great"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

How are they going to fit that into the on-screen banner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

probably something like Sky Mv Prmr W/S

why don't Sky use the full length of the search and scan banner for channel names rather than just a bit on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Maybe they'll make it into a multi-screen portal, like Music Choice. That way it would be more like a cinema. You go to Sky Movies and choose which film you want to see.

And the yellow button supplies the popcorn !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭vampyre

This is early morning optimism running riot but as this is happening on July 1st according to digital spy, does that mean sky + ( and all its problems) may be released here after that? Agreed, stupid names.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Please please give us Sky + and all it's problems :(

You can keep your silly names.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I wish the Sky Movie channels be split into different genres like film channels do in the continent. e.g.

Sky Movies - General movie channel
    Sky Action - Action/trillers
    Sky Horror - Horror Movies
    Sky-Fi - Science Fiction movies
    Sky Classics - similiar to sky cinema
    Sky Anime - Animation cinema
    Sky Comedy - comedy movies

More Improvements:
    2 things that would make us all much happier would be to show all films in widescreen on all the channels where possible plus Sky to work out a deal with the ITC for a license to transmit 15s or maybe even 18s movies on all their movie channels before 8pm. All other European/American film channels are able to show good movies during the daytime but we have to put up with cheap family orientated mass-repeated rubbish every day till 8pm on the movie channels. Hopefully Sky/ITC will get with the times soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

The names suck.. they are better as is...

Gonzo those names are better but i doubt it would work... you would have some of those channels with very little viewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Saruman
    The names suck.. they are better as is...

Gonzo those names are better but i doubt it would work...

Yeah - "Who saw that film last night on Sky Romance?"

• Advertisement
Advertisement