Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Blaine

Options
  • 23-05-2002 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

anyone know where i can see David Blaine dropping off the pillar tonight and what time is it due to happen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

I don't think anywhere is showing it live but the show is on Sky One on sunday. (Damn its on the same day as ozzfest. Gonna have to tape it so.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

maybe FOX News will show it

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Saw it on Sky News this morning.

He survived. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Crazy guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

his next performance will be in February when he falls off London Bridge all tied up with handcuffs and stuff. the water will be freezing that time of year. its cold enough now as it is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

It comes as no shock to me he's still alive, that pillar lark was easy compared to one of his previous stunts ie. being frozen in a block of ice for a few days FFS!:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I personally think hes a bit sad.I mean standing on a pillar for 36 hours doesnt really impress me that much.Some of his other stuff wasnt bad,but this one takes the biscuit.Wonder how much hes getting paid for it.If I stood on oconnell st for 36 hours and "survived",would they pay me. Id imagine it would be more dangerous than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Same as that... totally unimpressed. Only heard of it today when I saw him jump off onto those cardboard boxes.

I mean, stunt men and the likes do that sh!t every day. Big deal.

And standing there for 36 hours... what's the big deal? He must have been board out of his tits, but apart from that it's not exactly 'magic'.

Being frozen in ice though.. that sounds interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

Saw it.

And do you know what i think?

" What a heap of phuckin shiit! "

I have seen much better stuff on the streets of Canton, Harbin, Beijing, Shanghai... not this "Blaine-Mundane" shiit!

I see next he's going to escape handcuffed from the deadly FREEZING waters of the Thames in London.

Oh No please not that!

I had a swim down in Kerry and it's NOT cold, try the yellow sea or the sea of Japan during snowy winter time now that is COLD.

Blaine , is Mundane, phuckin shiit!

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lei Xiejiang

And standing there for 36 hours... what's the big deal? He must have been board out of his tits, but apart from that it's not exactly 'magic'.

Exactly didn't some one on the Big brother or Treasure Island already do that great MAGICAL trick?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 1,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭satchmo

Bah, that ice thing isn't at all impressive. It's like an igloo - far from freezing him, the ice actually serves to keep the layer of air between himself and the ice warm from body heat.

David Blaine, David Schmaine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I think his stunts and tricks r pretty cool! all the tricks he was showing intercut while he was on the pillar were deadly!! One of the coolest ones was when he came up to a couple who were having a picnic, then picked up an empty, crushed beer can and then show it to the guy who had crushed it and then it started to rebuild itself and then fill up. and finally then the was full and the lid was back on it completely closed like a new can!! i was mad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Ach remember on Survivor , 3 lads stood on a piece of wood for over 24hours & when they got off they were still able to stand + talk properly.

On sky 1 David said that he has been practicing the stunt for the past year but when 35hours was up he could barely stand , imo it was a load of Sh*t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

You have to remember that the guy who stood on the log for 23 hours in Survivor could fall off any time and all that would happen would be that he'd lose the challenge, if David Blaine fell off the tower thing at any time before the last hour when they brought out the boxes, he was falling 10 storeys onto the ground...... hence the year of preparation, when there's that much at stake you want to make sure you get it right :).

Anyway, he did stand afterwards, and talk (he sounds like that all the time ;)).

Advertisement