Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS dump

Options
  • 22-05-2002 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

girls , can't live with them can't live without them.

this girl that i was with dumped my by SMS message !

we have been going out since christmas , and this is how she treats me .
    i'm probably better without her (she was into weird things) but why does it always happen to me , (this is the 4th time , i've been dumped) i never get to dump girls they just dump me.

i don't want to be totally anti-females but its hard , really hard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Sorry to hear that, it could be worse though - you could have been dumped in tesco when she was at the fruit and veg stalls and you were at the chocolate stalls and she shouts it out loudly over the Tannoy. Sounds like you're better off without her, what with her "wierd" fetish an' all!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Pablo

hey guy with the black raiders jacket : i've just seen you write that post !

my advise : get back up on the horse , start riding again .

any twat that would do that to a guy or a girl isn't much of a person . everyone is entitled to respect , if you don't get it then leave. there are way way to many people that i know are going out with people that treat them badly , they just put up with it . it shouldn't be like that.

btw. what are you listening to on your walkman it sounds cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

That is nasty. I hate people who do that. I would always do it face to face. Your probably much better off without her if she treated you lik that.

A guy I know broke up with a girl through an email! At least you got you text message straight away!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by U n r e g i s t e r e d
    this girl that i was with dumped my by SMS message !
    Are you sure it wasn't one of her friends winding you up? Have you spoken to her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I know a bloke who was dumped by text message - he was at a party at my place at the time.

Any girl who'll dump a guy in that way, frankly, you're better off without. I'm sorry, but it takes a certain breed of cruel-hearted bitch to do that to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Shinji
    Any girl who'll dump a guy in that way, frankly, you're better off without. I'm sorry, but it takes a certain breed of cruel-hearted bitch to do that to someone.

here here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

You can't categorise all women like that! the woman could have good reason, if her boyfriend (not implying that either your friend or unregistered here are this guy) was physically abusive towards her, or perhaps she feared his temper then she may feel that it's safer to send a message than to meet him face to face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

True azezil, in those circumstances it would be acceptable, but in general dumping someone by text, phone, e-mail or any other non face to face method is a compete coward who probably wasn't worth knowing in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

this has also happened to me about a year and a half ago.
    three days before christmas.I 100 per cent agree that is probally the $hittiest way to get dumped,christ even getting dumped by letter is preferable to that.Takes a while to get your confidence back after being knocked sideways but you will get there.
    You have my sympathies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

You can't categorise all women like that!

I wasn't. I was categorising anyone who'll dump someone else over a text message like that. Goes for men too.
    was physically abusive towards her, or perhaps she feared his temper

I tend to assume that when we talk about someone being dumped, this is a simple case of "being dumped".

I'll be sure to put a disclaimer on all my posts in future just for you.

"THIS POST DOES NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT SPECIAL OR EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WHICH OF COURSE ANY BLOODY IDIOT CAN SEE WOULD CHANGE THE WAY THE SITUATION IS VIEWED. THIS DISCLAIMER ABSOLVES AZEZIL OF THE NEED TO RESPOND IN A SHOCKED AND HORRIFIED MANNER BECAUSE I MAY NOT HAVE CONSIDERED THE EFFECT THAT THE PHASE OF THE MOON, THE WEATHER FORECAST IN PERU AND THE MATING OF BUNNY RABBITS COULD HAVE ON CIRCUMSTANCES."

'Owzat? Better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

also might i add that dumping an abusive boyfriend by text message is probally the stupidest idea in the world,
    Chances are he would be straight round to kick the door in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

'Owzat? Better?
    yes thank you that's just lovely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Clintons Cat
    also might i add that dumping an abusive boyfriend by text message is probally the stupidest idea in the world,

That's what I was gonna say. It'd be the equivalent of a women leaving her abusive husband and saying 'I'm going to stay with my sister.' :rolleyes:

Anyone who doesn't respect you doesn't deserve your respect. You'll get over it - every time is a learning experience.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Hussy

Its not just girls that dump guys over text messages, I've had a guy dump me over a text msg,he went on to tell me that he had met someone else and all the rest in the txt........not the nicest thing ever!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

It's a pretty lousy way of dumping somebody. Even if it was a phonecall it wouldn't be so bad. At least there is some sort of respect in that but SMS dumping is just down and out lousy.

If she had the disreaspect to do that you're better off without her and with someone who deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's pretty damn insensitive alright. It basically shows you have no respect for this person, or how they feel. Even a phonecall would be better. I know breaking up is hard to do (cliche!), but don't dump it all on the other people. Take some responsibility.

I know women and girls that have gotten dumped over e-mail before. It's really low. At least when you're talking to someone on the phone you can feedback, and talk, it softens the blow. Over e-mail? You get upset, you mail back, you get very angry. Ensures there's no chance you'll ever stay friends (which is hard enough already after breaking up).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Clintons Cat

Here here again! The last thing a girl wants to do is dump a nutter by using the nuttiest method at her disposal. If he's that nutty get a restraining order and a couple of helpful constables to go round his house witcha.

Failing that call in the leg breakers

*Note: I do not condone the use of brutal leg breaking or the breaking/disfiguring of any part of the body*

Disclamers seem to be in order in this thread so I thought I better get mine in before Chopper and his buddies break down my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i sent her a message last night , because she won't answer my calls. and i said was she sure that it was over between us , yeah she said she has met someone else :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

Any girl who'll dump a guy in that way, frankly, you're better off without.

absolutley.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

it is indeed the worst way to dump somebody or be dumped imo.

Forget her and move on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by U n r e g i s t e r e d
    i sent her a message last night , because she won't answer my calls. and i said was she sure that it was over between us , yeah she said she has met someone else :(

Well leave it t that then. She's obviously too damn insensitive so let her off. If she lacks that much character, she's not worth it. Telling you that she has met someone else is lousy.

Sorry but she is!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Hang on a second ...call me cold hearted but ....

4th time ? Ever concider it could be your fault ?

Yes i agree getting dumped by a text is sh1t but lets look at why you got dumped.

How old are you ? Mid-teens ? If yes, so , you will go through loads of girlfriends at that age and breaking up is nerve racking and embarrassing so text message was easist.

A little older ? Well maybe you are not giving the relationship 100% ...she obviously was attracted to you to begin with but what was lost ? This is the 4th time ? Did you take her for granted and get lazy in the relationship ???

....oh my condolences by the way !

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Deny the person the use of their weapon of dumpage.

For one if it was me, I'd start off by just ignoring the message and pretending that I never got it. If she asks then my phone is nicked/broken. At least that way she has to say it face to face.

If it was a nasty dump, I'd then ring her pretending I never got the message and tell her I have a special night all arranged and she's to get dressed up as we are going to a posh resturant.

If I wanted to stop there I'd just let her wait for me to arrive, then when she calls to see where I am I'd say I just got her SMS.

To be worse you could then even take her to the place, have the meal then sod off and leave her with the bill (SMS her something like "gone home, u pay, thxs 4 dumpin me").

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

gee hobbes that's a really good idea..*mental note*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement