Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend... gone weirdo

Options
  • 22-05-2002 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

A friend (who is 20, that lives at home with parents) has I believed lost it. Due to workloads, I haven't been able to out for the weekly rip and woman hunt, with a group of friends. So they didn’t go out…. Now he spends his time in chat rooms meeting girls on the Internet, thinking that they "love" him. He arranges to meet them, they stay the night at his house (first date) and then he gets "virtual heart broken"…. This has happened about 5 or 6 times so far. His mother knows that something is going on… when these women appear for a day/night and then disappear… he has told his mother that he meets then at work, when he is out, etc. but he has been telling everyone else a different story…

Once he met a girl from a local town (about 30 miles away), he told me/his family that he had met her before, then got his cousin to go with him to get her… we went out that night, she told me that this was the first time they had met and they were going to be friends… she stayed the night at his home, and never talked to him again.

He turned against his cousin, for telling him, to wise up, quit living a virtual life and get a real life… Personally I don’t think this is healthy for him, because lately he is acting like a dirty lying pervert, by the things he says about woman and the way he acts…. I have a holiday coming up, with 7 other friends, him and his cousin… and the way he is acting at the minute, I don’t know if I should take him… I am really worried for him, some day he'll get really hurt… or worst he could really hurt someone

What should I do about the whole situation - confront him, tell his mother, or let him live is own life?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

a holiday could be just what he needs, get him away from home and his computer etc

im not so good at this advice stuff, so im not gonna say anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Well I'd generally steer clear of all that meeting online stuff.

However it seems to have worked for a few of my friends. One guy met this girl from Nottingham online. Now, with us being from N.Ireland I didn't think it would last too long but they're still together, he goes over to see her when he can and she came over here once (she was a bit of alright).

Another friend is currently going out with a girl from Dublin whom he met online. When he went down to meet her for the first time two of my friends went down with him and now they're going out with her friends.

So I guess it's not all bad. Get your friend on a night out and hook him up with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by Unregistered
    He arranges to meet them, they stay the night at his house (first date) and then he gets "virtual heart broken"…. This has happened about 5 or 6 times so far.

Where do you live? Slutsville USA? :)

Seriously though it sounds like he needs professional help. His behaviour can't be healthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Tell ur mate to get out more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Steal his keyboard!

• Advertisement
Advertisement