Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sport in London

Options
  • 21-05-2002 6:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there,

Could anybody tell me what method does Setanta use to transmit sport events to pubs and clubs based in London?

Do they use satellite or cable feeds? If satellite, which one do they use?

Cheers

Finn.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

TELECOM 2 C/12,606 Ghz v/Video-Crypt.
    Thats the last time i saw the dumb channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭Peter

It hasn't been on there for a very long time. It's now on two satellites in digital: Eutelsat W1 @10e & NSS-K @21w, 11628, sr:6111, 3/4. It's encrypted in Irdeto in both places though and the keys are not known afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Peter
    It hasn't been on there for a very long time.

Shock Horror....how could one so oblivous (that is me) know that??????....riddle me that..duh

Telecom 2c is no longer at 3E, the channel was in analogue and encrypted in the lock tight Video-Crypt/snigger....

duh...
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

21 w. is used as feed to America so there is a chance that it is sometimes FTA
    Last year i checked a few times and did get a blank screen
    That transponder and freq has given me other free things
    BTW the pol is V and the pids are1160/1120/1160
    If anyone ever gets anything mail me direct oconnor@worldonline.nl
    PS icehockey fans//last night there was feeds all night from the playoffs/luckly for me i am not a fan so got some sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 amoxitine

thanks for the info chaps! I spoke to someone who runs a bar in East London last night and he said it is cable based on his system and is tight as a gnat's chuff!

Would I be correct in assuming that I can't receive signals from satellites with a west orientation, as they are for the USA and the footprint doesn't reach the UK?

Sorry if this is a stoopid question, but I'm not 100% on all of this!
    Any further info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Finn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭seano

120 cm is good
    Do not buy a receiver just to try for setanta//if u want other interesting things it is worth it

Advertisement