Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite Match of all time?

Options
  • 21-05-2002 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is (as mentioned in a previous thread) a match between RVD and Lance Storm. I think it was november to remember, no, no, sorry. Guilty as Charged, thats the one. 1998 I believe was the year. The match was for the TV title and it was non stop high flying action throughout. Genuine class stuff. No protective padding on the outside and plenty of propper fighting in the crowd.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

One of my favourite matches ive seen in the last while is the Briscoe Vs Briscoe match at CZW Best of the best 2001, other than that anyone one of the RVD V Lynn Matches, Neil3030 if you liked Storm Vs RVD, you'll LOVE Rvd Vs Jerry Lynn.
    Storm Vs y2j at the start of the invasion was amazing.
    Any of the Matches in ECW that involved Tajiri/Super Crazy/ Little Guido/Whipwreck were some of the best bouts held in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

What ppv was dat RVD Jerry Lynn matchup in?

I saw some of Tajiri in ECW in that GAC ppv. Very impressive. Can't remember who he was fighting but he really impressed me with is aerodynamics.

Mine was actually Kane and Kurt Angle,i think it was their first match on smack down a few months back.I totally got into the match and im very hard to please .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

ECW in 99 was almost pure class the whole way through.

I agree with Bomb on RVD Lynn but I think RVD should have put him over more.

The Anarcy rules match featuring Super Crazy, Tajiri, Guido also the match between Mike Awsome, Tazz and Tanaka amazing.

Living Dangerously 99 Sabu V's Tazz super.

Sorry I'm a huge ECW fan.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Im a major ECW fan too, favourite matches for me so far are Sabu & RVD vs Hayabusa & Jinsei Shinzaki (however i think this amazing match may be cut slightly on the heatwave 98 dvd), Danny Boring & Roadkill vs Nova & Chris Chetti (heatwave99) and finally ECW TV Title match RVD vs Sabu (Wrestlepalooza98).

As far as WWE goes my favourite prolly still is TLC2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 spider45646

one of the best matches i have seen in the past year has been the sats vs divine-storm-brian xl from czw's cage of death 3 .
    some of the best of all time would have to include
    any rvd vs jerry lynn
    tajiri vs psychosis (ecw arena aug 2000)
    the first two hell in a cells , undertaker-michaels and undertaker-foley
    any of the early rey misteriojr. juventud, psychosis matches from ecw
    sabu vs terry funk (born to be wired)
    mike awesome vs taz vs masato tanaka (anarchy rulz 99)
    sandman(hak) vs bam bam bigelow (spring stampede 99)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

it's really hard to say my favourite of all time but one of them would have to be the cage match between Owen Hart and Bret Hart (summerslam 94 I think.) a lot of high flying moves along with some great technical wrestling made a really interesting match.
    Also Hulk Hogan vs. Sud Justice at WM8. But thats just coz it was the first WM main event I saw live. (Plus it was the return of the Ultimate Warrior, big stuff back then.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Pretty much every match on spring stampede 99 is amazing with 1 or 2 exceptions, and every wrestling fan should own this ppv, its the one time WCW actually got it right for a whole show. Sabu/RVD Vs Hayabusa/Jinsei Shinsaki (Sp?) Was great but there were loads of blown spots and it was REALLY Stiff, it was cut in a few places too, but a lot of the ecw dvds are cut.
    Tazz/Tanaka/Awesome was one of the greatest matches held in the western world, simply amazing .

bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I really dunno,
    I love some of the classics but they dont compare to the amazing violent and high flying nature of what we have today!!!

As far as ECW, I'd have to say, RVD & Sabu Vs. Hyabusa and Jinsei Shinsaki, also I really enjoyed the Dudleys comments at the start of their match between Spike and Balls Mahoney at Heatwave 99!!!

For WWE, TLC2 was great. Mike Foley Vs taker in the hell in the cell still makes me shudder. Lawlers works "Theres...theres no net, hes dead!" still polute my mind, but my favouite match of all time was:

Invasion, July 2001

RVD vs Jeff Hardy for the Hardcore title!!!
    the only match the HArdcore title was faught for fairly, Rvds WWE debut couldnt have benn in a better match!!!

Hanza
    And thats why they call me the Heretic!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭HappyDude

I have always been impressed with the punishment Mick Foley could take in the ring - his infamous hell-in-a-cell match with the undertaker a few years back was great. Remember - he fell from the top of the cell, through the announce table, landing on his back on the floor.

Dunno how he got up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

There has been some great matches over the years so it's toughto pick a favorite,one of the best i saw was Brett Hart vs The british Bull dog RIP.i think it was for the IC title in summerslam 94 no too sure,Brett hart took a bad beating from bulldog all nite but keep kicking out and in the end after Brett lost Bulldog helped him up and they shook hands.Very emotional :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭SYL

RVD vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, forget which PPV it was from. Not once, but twice RVD jumped on BBB from the turnbuckle into the crowd, that was amazing.

After that....hmmmmm.......Judgement Day Hell in a Cell PPV on WWF between Kurt Angle, Rock, HHH, Undertaker, Rikishi and someone else who I can't remember, Y2J I think. That was class and worth staying up until 4am on a monday morning for

Advertisement