Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven Reddy Chicken

Options
  • 21-05-2002 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

Scientists make bald chickens!

They say that the featherless chicken is better for mass production as it is cleaner and more efficient. "Bald birds would be easier to raise in hot, third-world countries, making them a boon for farmers who cannot afford to lose stock to overheating."

I'm just waiting, excitedly, for the day that the true oven ready chicken will exist, and it will happen, I tell's ya. The day will come when chickens come with no liver, heart, lungs and even icky eyeballs and head. This'll save us all the need to de-gibletise our pluckers and just slam it into the oven with some carrots and potatoes like God intended.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Sky have been doing their "Frankenchicken" story once an hour for half of the last week.

Nuts I tells yah!

Now, if they can come up with a chicken that comes pre-stuffed then I'll be impressed.

Can these things breed? Do they use their plumage to attract cute boy chickens or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How about they just clone breast meat in test tubes like they plan to do with replacement organs? No feathers, no dirt, no skin, no fat, no bones, no innards, no cruelty.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

...yeah, or better still - how about someone make a replicator so that we can make anything we want. oh yeah, and a teleporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Ah what about the poor ole holodeck i want one of those

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

over ready chicken with no chicken having to be actually harmed :):):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Sod this - Im quite happy to witness the snapping of chicken necks, and the flailing and flapping of headless chickens...

Anyone watch Big Brother!? I caught a glimpse of it on E4 where one of the house mates asked Big Brother wether it was safe to consume the livestock out in their back garden... Unfortunately the answer was"NO"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by RopeDrink
    Anyone watch Big Brother!? I caught a glimpse of it on E4 where one of the house mates asked Big Brother wether it was safe to consume the livestock out in their back garden... Unfortunately the answer was"NO"

So what the hell are they there for then? Just for the laugh?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yeah! I saw that and wondered the same thing :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

probally to stop those useless clueless bastards from giving themselves food poisoning when they fail to gut and cook them properly.
    Plus of course the producers are scared that giving them a taste of blood will turn the halfwits into something out of lord of the flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,290 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    So what the hell are they there for then?
    Alternative footage when the housemates start to "get jiggy" early in the morning. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement