Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seinfeld

Options
  • 21-05-2002 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Has to be the best sitcom ever it had a witty characters hlarious characters and superb inter weaving storylines that could be put into a whole 30 mins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Indeedeo Smuckers,

Glad to see you've eventually arrived at boards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have to say that I never really got into Seinfeld.

Jerry Seinfeld isn't a great comedian by any stretch of the imagination (most of his comedy is limp observational stuff, usually starting with something like "What is the deal about ......" (Insert "Movie Theaters", "Airplane Food", "Bus Stations" etc.)

And one thing I HATE about the show is the "music" (quote,unquote) they play between scenes (the kind of deep double bass type sound, with annoying 'popping' noises played over it). Ugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

same here TmB.... i never really got into "Seinfield" ... i would watch it if nothing else was on.... i wouldnt say it was crap but i would rather watch "Frasier", "That 70's Show" or "Friends".

didnt "Seinfield" win some sort of poll in america lately. think it was voted best sitcom/comedy show ever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Frasier = a spinoff of cheers, no real thought, just a character everyone wanted expanded = ho hum

That 70's Show = teenagers in a different era then present day when weed was king....tired after 2 seasons = ho hum, but better then the rest of the pile of poo out there.

Friends = ??? please.

Seinfeld = The first new idea to c0me out of TV in quite some time, and it ended before it went on too long. leave em wanting more, always the best way to exit.

Jerry Seinfeld, Ray Romano, Paul Reiser all meet every year on New Years day in a restuarant in NY. THAT is probably the funniest 30 minute "sit-com" ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

the music for the show between each scenes set the tone nicely IMO not everyone is a Sein fan thats fair enough without Seinfeld there would be no Friends.

• Advertisement

yup Sein came no 1 and rightly so. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Ya, my favourite show by far. Come on, you've gotta love Kramer like!

Oh yeah, anyone seen the Mike Richards show? It's on RTE, don't know how long it's been on for and I haven't seen it yet seeing as it's on at like 3 in the morning. Is it any good?

Yup I've seen it its ok not brillaint Richards is very good but I wish I could say the same for the other characters, Sue Ellen michke was in last weeks ep. Net 2 treated Sein disracefully back in 97.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I just had to add this...

The Ten Work Place Commandments of George Costanza...

1 - Never walk without a document in your hands:
    People with documents in their hands look like hardworking employees heading for important meetings. People with nothing in their hands look like they're heading for the cafeteria. People with a newspaper in their hand look like they're heading for the toilet. Above all, make sure you carry loads of stuff home with you at night, thus generating the false impression that you work longer hours than you do.

2 - Use computers to look busy:

Any time you use a computer, it looks like "work" to the casual observer. You can send and receive personal e-mail, chat and generally have a blast without doing anything remotely related to work. These aren't exactly the societal benefits that the proponents of the computer revolution would like to talk about but they're not bad either. When you get caught by your
    boss -and you *will* get caught -- your best defense is to claim you're teaching yourself to use new software, thus saving valuable training dollars.

3 - Messy desk:

Top management can get away with a clean desk. For the rest of us, it looks like we're not working hard enough. Build huge piles of documents around your workspace. To the observer, last year's work looks the same as today's work; it's volume that counts. Pile them high and wide. If you know somebody
    is coming to your cubicle, bury the document you'll need halfway down in an existing stack and rummage for it when he/she arrives.

4 - Voice Mail:

Never answer your phone if you have voice mail. People don't call you just because they want to give you something for nothing - they call because they want YOU to do work for THEM. That's no way to live. Screen all your calls through voice mail. If somebody leaves a voice mail message for you and it sounds like impending work, respond during lunch hour when you know they're
    not there - it looks like you're hardworking and conscientious even though you're being a devious weasel.

5 - Looking Impatient and Annoyed:

One should also always try to look impatient and annoyed to give your bosses the impression that you are always busy.

6 - Leave the office late:

Always leave the office late, especially when the boss is still around. You could read magazines and storybooks that you always wanted to read but have no time until late before leaving. Make sure you walk past the boss' room on your way out. Send important emails at unearthly hours (e.g. 9:35pm, 7:05am,
    etc.) and during public holidays.

7 - Creative Sighing for Effect:

Sigh loudly when there are many people around, giving the impression that you are under extreme pressure.

8 - Stacking Strategy:

It is not enough to pile lots of documents on the table. Put lots of books on the floor etc. (thick computer manuals are the best).

9 - Build Vocabulary:

Read up on some computer magazines and pick out all the jargon and new products. Use the phrases freely when in conversation with bosses. Remember:
    They don't have to understand what you say, but you sure sound impressive.

10 - MOST IMPORTANT:

Don't forward this to your boss by mistake!!!

hehe I like those commandments did you make them up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oops, just realised I've (unwittingly) done all those - most of them at the same time.

saw it just there taped it last night it was quite funny the best one so far. I hope net 2 will get Julia Louis Dreyus new sitcom and also I'd love to see Jason Alexanders one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Seinfeld is nothing but a heap of luke-warm, smelly, runny at the edges, poo!!

a vulgar statement no doubt, backed up with vulgar taste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Mistakill

Hes better stand up. Dont really like the show

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Good in places but i always have the feeling you have to be american to get the jokes and that is proably why the americans love it so much.

They cast are to return to do another series if other opertunities dont come their way. I would be interested in seeing it. It should happen because I havent seen the cast in anything really good of late, except of Micheal Richards only saw the first episode of the new show it was alright, dont think it will take off however. So we'll proable see a new series of Seinfeld soon.

That 70's Show is class, looking forward to seeing That 80's show.

I havent seen the cast in anything really good of late, except of Micheal Richards only saw the first episode of the new show it was alright, dont think it will take off however. So we'll proable see a new series of Seinfeld soon.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Elmo...

**The Michael Richards Show was cancelled after 8 episodes in the US last year.

(with tear on cheek)
    **There will be no new eps of Seinfeld, barring miracles. They even refused to do a once off show for the recent NBC 75th anniversary :(

I heard if the cast of Seinfeld didnt improve on their careers they would be back for a couple of Episodes and that that was a deal that they made with themselves. That what I have heard.

Kinda guessed that Micheal Richards New show would take of since it was shown at 3 o clock in the morning.

I know RTE dont make the Series i am just saying that RTE dont usually show new show at such a late time if they had a future in america.

Freeks and Geeks being the exception for Obious reasons. As in they showed it quite early even thought the NBC cancled it. I am sure you get what i am saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭neohoki

Seinfeld is great i love the way all the stories end up running into each other in the end in a suprising witty way

• Advertisement

Just to let everyone know there is a new community forum dedicated to Seinfeld.

Entitled Sein Wars its the offical forum for Seinwars.com.

Looking forward to some Seinfeld related discussion:)

David/80p

Advertisement