Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self Analysis

Options
  • 19-05-2002 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

Do you self analyse?

I do it a lot thus I feel I know myself very well, I'm just wondering do others, and do you think it's a good idea?

I think by analysing myself I can better understand others, of there is the possibility that if you do it too much you end up talking to yourself and that's never a good thing, although you'll never feel alone with all those voices in your head ;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 kitton

i'm constantly analysing myself and i think people think of it as a fault or a problem i should overcome.i don't really mind it,except it makes me depressed sometimes.it doies help in understanding people although its annoying cos with all my analysis i can understand other people but it still doesnt help me understand myself,confusing.
    if i had a choice, i think i'd stop analysing myself so much but i think its just part of some peoples nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,329 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by azezil
    Do you self analyse?
    24/7/365

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Do you self analyse?

When i feel sexy.
    :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by chernobyl

When i feel sexy.
    :/
    filty fecker :D lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Do you self analyse?

You know what your doing now azezorilil? Your analysing your self analysis! You've just started a vicious spiral that can only end in one thing!

But to answer your question yeah i analysis my actions etc. all the time and having voices in your head aint so bad. Look at amp :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I used to, then I discovered marajuana.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I do it regularly - it's not a bad thing, how are you supposed to improve yourself if you don't think about why you acted in a certain way the last time you did something silly! I think it also helps with other people - as you can perhaps have a fair idea why they act the way they do too.
    as you said azezil, you are never alone while you have all those voices in your head! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I think it's a good idea to step back and try to look at yourself, your life and your relationships with others on a regular basis, as objectively as possible.

Not too often though - fine line between Self Analysis and Self Obsessed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Sleevenotes from American post punk band Husker Du album. Basic pub philosophy but practical. The guy who wrote it was probably drunk though.
    Sometimes you feel real old, older than you are. Check the aches and pains, the hairline, the demands of life. Responsibilities, responsibilities. Worse things have happened to all of us; the circus wasn’t as good as you thought it would be, the movie stunk etc etc.

Punching the clock, punching the wall, hating your boss. You can’t go if you don’t know and you can’t know if you don’t go. And everybody in the world has their own songs in their heads. The best songs ever. Problem is figuring a way to get them out and present them to others.

You’ve got to know where the brakes are. Enjoy life at a realistic pace. You crazy youngsters, what with your nightlife and everything. And it’s important to trust other people, while putting stock in yourself as well. Reevaluating your priorities, checking yourself daily.

Not everybody is a victim of circumstance; conversely, nobody should feel like a martyr all the time. Problem? It’s hard enough to communicate these days; some of us don’t even get the chance. Some others don’t know they have a chance.

When you travel frequently, you find a lot of images. And sometimes, you have to try make the best of a bad situation: more often than not, we grin and bear it. Other times, you learn to enjoy some small facet of your predicament. Nothing too elaborate, just an attempt to adjust priorities. Revolution starts at home, preferably in the bathroom mirror. Example? Winter always comes too soon. This year was the worst I can remember, except when I was five years old. Pushed oppen the front door, got lost in the snow.

Advertisement