Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my box broke

Options
  • 18-05-2002 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

i was talking to sky and tried to resolve a problem. I was told to do a s/w upgrade. All the lights are now on and i can't do anything. It has been like this since wednesday.

it will take time for sky to get someone around so i have no sky. any suggestions how do i reset the box completly??

i have taken the plug out and in again and the lights go on again.

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 satelliteking

What Sky Have asked you to do was right. But it shouldn't of gone wrong. My suggestion is to unplug the receiver from the mains and leave it for 5 mins. When this time is over reconnect the digibox to the mains and the receiver after 10 or 20 secs should go into standby. When in standby press the big sky button on the remote. When the receiver is on a channel press the backup button on the receiver (not the remote) keep holding this in while you disconnect the receiver from the mains, keep holding inthe backup button until all the lights on the front of the receiver go on. When the lights go on the receiver will, after 10 mins, will go ack into standby. If this is not so then I am afraid you digibox is in need for replacment.

If your receiver is over 12 months old you better of buying a digibox from E-Bay or contact me at dkrizlam@aol.com and I will be able to help, as the shops will charge between £200 and £250 for a replacement.

Hope I was of some help.

Cheers for now.

Satellite King

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bmg

this is becoming a common problem. software download shoulds never be attempted unless the box is working perfectly. what you have done is downloaded corrupt software to you box due to the fact that that the box was proably faulty. the flash memory chips will now have to be changed and reprogrammed which is no easy task. it will proably be cheaper to trade this box in for a replacement than to get it fixed. send pm to me if you need details.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Keep a lid on the advertising chaps...

ATTN: Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement