Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best sky box to have?

Options
  • 18-05-2002 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

for a standard sky user (ie not sky +)

what is the best box to have? and for what reason?

my box is a little old now and my folks box was just installed and its newer and installer said it was better. my old one is a pace not sure what the new one is.

he said i couldnt just swap boxes cause my card is married to my box.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

you can 'marry' your card to any new box. just involves phoning sky and giving them your new box number etc.

my pace box died a couple of months ago and I replaced it with a panasonic 30 box, bought secondhand from the UK. It's a pretty well regarded box; fast and a decent tuner on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Panasonic DSB30:

Speed while browsing the EPG, while channel hopping and very rarely crashes. It certainly has the quickest tuner and suffers least from picture pixelation and interference.

..but you will pay for the best.

/dis is dun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

cheers for that, does anyone know if any of the boxes have a button for going back to the previous channel you were watching?

im a bit of a surfer so i like to flip back and forth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭swoofer

Yes u can switch back and forth using the + and - key.

GBCULLEN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Unfortunately the is no button that will switch to the previous channel which you were watching. It is something that Sky may introduce in a future software release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭Genghis

Originally posted by yankinlk
    cheers for that, does anyone know if any of the boxes have a button for going back to the previous channel you were watching?

im a bit of a surfer so i like to flip back and forth

That is an excellent suggestion. I am used to this feature on my analogue TV, and it can be a pain if you are watching something on two channels that are miles apart. Even using favourites it can be 18/19 button presses to switch between (say) MTV and Play UK. Even if Sky allowed you to use the green or yellow buttons to 'go backwards' through your favourites.

At the moment the green and yellow butons are redundant for normal viewing - Sky should make one be 'last viewed channel' and the second 'reverse favourites'. You should also be allowed to have as many favourites as you like; and include 'other channels' in the favourites line-up (ok, that last ones a long shot ...)

Advertisement