Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Contract

Options
  • 18-05-2002 2:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,
    Just looking for some help here. I booked SKY through an add with Evening hearld in March. Anyway 2 weeks after it was installed the channels were turned off. I got in touch with SKY and they said it was because I didnt sign my contract, I informed them that I never recieved a contract, the operator said I'll send one out to you and then send back in straight away. A week passed by no sign of the contract. Rang sky again they said it was sent on X date. A week later the signal goes off again, Rang up sky again, The guy goes, "thats strange, I had another guy on from the Republic and he has had the same problem." He just said I'll send out another contract. So that no problem, because from what I've heard theres some postal problem between the UK and Ireland at the minute. So fast forward to Thursday night, I come in and the SKY is off again, I still havent got my contract. I rang SKY on Friday morning, I told the lad the story and he said "oh no, I'll post it out via special delivery(Register mail?). He went to reactivate the card, I have to send a form done to the registartion people because its been turned off twice, so it might take longer to re-activate it. I though no problem. 7pm Friday evening the Digital is still off, I rang SKY again, The girl I spoke told me she'd also send a form done to the activation people, but she said it was up to them if they'd turn it back on", so she didnt know if I would get my sky back. So last time I checked it was still off. As anyone had the same problem? If so how did you get around it, I've had digital for nearly 2 months and I was still have not got the contract. Please help
    Thanks
    Dave

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 satelliteking

I have never had a problem send stuff from the UK to Ireland.

If you want the problem sorted out I can arrange for another card to be sent to you and I will guarentee there will not be a problem.

If this is of any help please e-mail me

dkrizlam@aol.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

DaveH,

I had this exact same problem. Sky will only re-activate the card twice without receiving the contract; if it goes off again they won't switch it back on until the contract is received.

Ring them up and check that the address they have for you is exactly right. They were missing the vital end part off my address, so the contracts they were sending out were going to some place in Co. Waterford which isn't a town/village of it's own.

After I changed the address I received the contract and my Sky was back on in a few days.

HTH,

Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Hi Guys,
    Thanks very much for the help. After been onto Sky about 3/4 times since Friday, I finally got my contract this morning. My mam(bless her) Posted the mail back via registered mail this morning at 11am. I turned on the box just to see if Digital was back at 6pm, and thankfully there it was in all its glory. Thanks very much for the help again.
    Dave

Advertisement