Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the best/your favourite joysitick avialable?

Options
  • 16-05-2002 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

The title pretty much says it all.

What is you favourite joystick? or what is the best one on the market at the moment.

I ask because i am thinking of buying one. The last few i bought never where much good. The software sort of sucked so i never really used them and even then the broke.

It would have to be usb i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

get a playstation joypad, a 9v power supply, a parallel connector, 5 1N4148 diodes, a soldering iron, .5mm dual insulated wire, a snips...... oh forget it go to www.lik-sang.com and buy a psjoy usb convertor. the're only about €15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

I've only got 1 joystick.

Which is a Logitech Wingman Force 3d

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Just get the bloody Microsoft ones, best for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I've had a Saitek X36 HOTAS and Throttle for about 10 months and have had no problems with it. Very chunky, well built, responsive and the software is very easy to program with loads of button combinations. Perfect if your a flight sim or space shooter fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If I had the cash, I'd get a HotRod.

My sidewinder will have to do until then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Microsoft are the best in my experience can be a bit pricy though. I'd go saitek if price is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

I'm using a Saitek Cyborg 3D - plenty of buttons, z-axis, throttle and POV hat - does the job for me. It cost £50 when I bought it before the changeover...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I have a Logitech Wingman Digital Extreme 3D. very happy with it.
    2 years old and the shaft is still nice and stiff (oo-err vicar!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

ms_intpro_lg.jpgwheel_optical2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

jaguar.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

N64 pad and adaptoid best pad ever now on PC.
    Also have Hammerhead FX shame it doesnt work on XP.
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

syxpak you own my soul....

that picture is the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

PC World in Liffey Valley are selling the Saitek Cyborg 3D Force for €40.

GAME in Tallaght tried to sell it to me for €139.99 despite it being labelled €65.99.
    :rolleyes:

Seems like a good stick so far, and a lot cheaper than most other FF sticks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,891 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The atari jaguar pad.
    Beautiful design and more places to press than a woman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

The xbox pad is great. you can play games on your xbox with it, anchor your yacht, use it as ballast in an airship, bludgeon your oponent to death if you lose in a game on you xbox, use it to stop your horses leaving their feild by tieing it to the horses neck or holding down the roofs of houses during wild storms.
    its great.

Advertisement