Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone in Dublin got a...

Options
  • 16-05-2002 10:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

anyone in Dublin got a BBC FTV card they want to sell?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Sorry Hockeyplayer,
    I think it has been made clear by the moderators that this is not a topic up for discussion on this board.
    Try a few of the UK boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I thought you had one sorted though?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by hockeyplayer
    anyone in Dublin got a BBC FTV card they want to sell?????

Why not mark the thread a properly to give us a clue what the subject matter is. This whole BBC card thing is becoming tiresome.

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Hi hockeyplayer,

Firstly, best of luck getting your BBC card.

But you already have 3 threads on the board on the same subject. Could you at least keep your posts in the one thread ?

I agree with Tony that the "I need a BBC card" posts are getting tiresome. I guess that there are not too many exciting developments coming up at the moment in the Sky Digital world.

We've finally got the Irish terrestrials, and there doesn't appear to be any news on ITV, Channel 4 and the digital Beebs coming onto Sky in Ireland. As a result the board seems to be turning into a Buy and Sell thing, which is not what it's designed for.

I can foresee Damian and Ronan spending all their time just closing down threads.

Is there any way around this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Maybe you should put this in the Wanted Forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Charles makes some good points...

This is a grey area. After all, we are not meant to be having BBC carded boxes, but so far there is nothing stopping us getting one. And those without the BBC/ITV/C4 and C5 are eager to get one. We all understand that.

The reason we dont have an FAQ setting out how to get a BBC card is so as not to draw attention to this issue. A buy and sell board would really only be more of an attraction.
    We are not e-bay. They do that sort of thing very well already.

Ronan will have the final say on this, these are my 2c. He sets the rules.
    My personal opinion, is that it is becoming nauseating, no one should ask or offer help buying BBC cards and UK boxes. Otherwise, threads will be closed. Anybody with technical issues with the boxes, would still be welcome to discuss their issues, as always.

I will leave this thread open, I have closed some earlier this week on this topic, but I will leave this one open for more discussion on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 hockeyplayer

My apologies for bringing this topic up again. keep up the good work,

thanks

Nigel

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

I'll make an amendment to the rules to clarify this point, but for the moment, consider any posts on this topic off limits as promotion of commercial activities.

We are not Buy and Sell...

ATTN: Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement