Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry to bring this up... again

Options
  • 15-05-2002 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Sorry to bring this FTA thing up but i need an answer to ONE tiny question... I have been offered an activated UK FTA card... I'm told it will work in ANY reciver but will not pick up BBC1 or 2. i don't undersatnd this logic. Is it correct?
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I can't understand the logic either (something about BBC marrying the card to a specific box, I think) - but it is true.

Edited for typos.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Looks like i'll be paying bout €30... will i get BBC choice, BBC 4, C beebies etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

This is true. Once a FTV card has been activated in a digibox it can be used in any other digibox to watch ITV1, Channel4 and Channel5. All of the BBC channels (TV and Radio5) will display a message saying that it is the wrong card for the box.

It is something to do with the UK licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Thanx for the feedback... I know I should search aroubnd a bit more and organise an unactivated acrd but this seems like a lot less hassle... PLUS I can CHARGE my family members to watch ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5!
    (",)
    First time using ebay too... I'm dead proud of myself so I am. The only channels I won't have access to now will be the BBC minority channels... there's absolutley no way of marrying this card to my box?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

For the amount of hassle and the awkward questions that you would be asked regarding re-marrying the card it would be easier to get an unactivated card directly from the UK.

By the way, all of the ITV regions are available through the Other Regions using the card.

• Advertisement
Advertisement