Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fav. Pearl Jam Album

Options
  • 15-05-2002 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Fav. Pearl Jam Album

1)Ten
    2)Vs
    3)Vitalogy
    4)No Code
    5)Yeild
    6)Binaural
    7)their best has yet to come? (yeah right!)

The best Pearl Jam Album? 22 votes

Ten
    0% 0 votes
    Vs
    63% 14 votes
    Vitalogy
    9% 2 votes
    No Code
    13% 3 votes
    Yeild
    4% 1 vote
    Binaural
    9% 2 votes
    None of the above! (yeah right)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ten's me favourite
    followed by
    Vs
    Vitalogy
    I stopped buying them after no code, are the last two any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

yep the last two are excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭sinus

yeild is def. a quality album...its probably me second fav after ten, binaural is monumental! it shows the band at a comfortable level i think.... eddie promises the next to be political!!! (see my sig)
    but unfortunatly it wont be out till early 03, at least we have a rarities release to look forward too this year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Originally posted by sinus
    yeild is def. a quality album...its probably me second fav after ten, binaural is monumental! it shows the band at a comfortable level i think.... eddie promises the next to be political!!! (see my sig)
    but unfortunatly it wont be out till early 03, at least we have a rarities release to look forward too this year!!

On this note have you heard eddie solo covering bob dylan's the times they are a changin' at some gig. Th emp3 is all over audiogalaxy legally, i recommend it to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭papashiv0

10 is by far the best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Smell McEvilson

pearl jam are just the best EVER! me thinks they never got enough credit in the whole grunge thing. oh, cause nirvana are just the best cause he's dead or somethin...don't get ne wrong, they're cool and all, but pearl jam are just quality on a stick.
    i think they've stayed pretty consistant, ppl should have al their cds, cause they're great!
    eh, anyway, enough from me, i quite like pear jam you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Pearl Jam have their moments...esp. Yield, my favourite album...but you do have a point they're seriously under-rated esp. in Europe and it really is a shame cos they have some quality stuff that never gets any airplay

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

1. ten
    2. binaural
    3. versus
    4. yield
    5. temple of the dog...does that count??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

ten.
    Yeh. pearl jam are a great band (altho i havent gotten the latest few albums) because:
    Originally posted by deco
    but you do have a point they're seriously under-rated esp. in Europe and it really is a shame cos they have some quality stuff that never gets any airplay

The reason for this is thier 'political' beliefs. They refuse to do promo videos, release singles and do very few appearances. They insist on releasing vinyl albums and they tour pretty constantly. They must really annoy their label :) They have more or less taken the same route as the Grateful Dead and in more recent years, The Black Crowes and Phish.

As a result, with a lot less media exposure than a comparable band would have noone really plays the music apart from the more left field shows/stations. Its testament to how good they are that they are still signed to a label :)

Advertisement