Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transformers Is Coming Back

Options
  • 14-05-2002 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

I saw an ad on Fox Kids (Sky digital 610) for transformers coming soon. Considering it did so well in the U.S. they've decided to show it here to, stay tuned.

Sorry I don't have any dates yet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pone

Which series is that exactly? The classic series?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

oh dear jesus, there comming back!!! praise alá!!!!
    it better not be the crap new series with all the CGI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

A ha! for all of us who could only find Generation 2 on DVD here is a list of all the Transformers avelable to buy:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/promotion/transformers

I was in HMV today and they only have the Generation 2 DVDs. But i can now order all the generation 1 DVDs from blackstar

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Which series is that exactly? The classic series?

I think its the orignal series from 1986 as thats what there showing in the U.S. Can't make any promises though
    A ha! for all of us who could only find Generation 2 on DVD here is a list of all the Transformers avelable to buy

I saw them on Amozon.co.uk there starting to popup around the place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I seriously hope its not that anime version that started about 6 months ago...which unfortunatly aside from looking good is pure rubbish...the telly tubbies had better dialog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Winters
    A ha! for all of us who could only find Generation 2 on DVD here is a list of all the Transformers avelable to buy:

http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/promotion/transformers

I was in HMV today and they only have the Generation 2 DVDs. But i can now order all the generation 1 DVDs from blackstar

:D:D:D

Alternatively, order them from play.com
    My season 1 boxed set is in the post as we speak (region 1 though) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

My DVD doesnt play Reagon 1 so I will have to buy them from Blackstar or Amazon.co.uk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

JESUS H CHRIST!!! there comin back, oh wonder of wonders.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by Lemming

Alternatively, order them from play.com
    My season 1 boxed set is in the post as we speak (region 1 though) :D

As is my copy of the movie and original series vol2 seeing as I already got vol 1 off them. Expecting them tomorrow :)

i was in hmv on henry st, na dthere sellin transformers t shirts!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Nice one :)

Now I just have to get myself a DVD drive and we'll be all set :)
    I ahve the film on DiVX if anyone wants it.

Well my dvd didnt come on friday so I am still waiting to see the movie, I havent seen it since it was in the cinema so I cant remember any of it. The anticipation is killing me.

Originally posted by Makaveli
    Well my dvd didnt come on friday so I am still waiting to see the movie, I havent seen it since it was in the cinema so I cant remember any of it. The anticipation is killing me.

As did (or rather, didn't) mine. Grrrr damn postal stuff :D

The movie DVD has an extra 20 min. pilot episide for japan on it ... VERY wierd stuff, since its not finished. They have human voices n'stuff .. and its REALLLLLY cheesy :D

If it gets delivered tomorrow and the deliveries go back on schedule like the first ones I got off them I'm gonna end up getting 10 parcels tomorrow. :D

I got my Transformers Boxed Set (region 1) from play.com yesterday. Haven't watched it yet (went to see SW2:AotC), but it looks slllliccK! :D

it comes with two cels (in postcard size) from the series. I've got two decepticon ones.

OHHH, I can't wait to go home tonight :D

Yeah I got the movie yesterday aswell. It all came back to me watching it, so good.
    I watched that japanese one too, the voices were werid and all but I swear I have seen it before.
    Oh one thing about the movie that I forgot was they actually killed some of the Transformers much to my disappointment.

hmv is now back in stock, i saw two copies of the first movie today

[and bout 20 copies of gen 2:rolleyes: ]

Yeah I saw them there too, they also have one copy of generation 1 volume1. It and the movie cost €30 each which is pretty steep considering you can get them off play.com for £11.99 sterling which is about €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

i just dug out an old transformers video i had from when i was a kid. "desertion of the dinobots" it was cool. all the autobots and decepticons got sick and only the dinobots could save them. so off to cybertron they all went and you got to find out about the primitive autobots and the history of cybertron pretty damn cool. as for the film. that is probably the best childrens film ever. got a divx copy off the net a while ago but i really want to get the dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

It's starts this saturday.
    I think it's the anime version I'm afraid, sorry not the orignal.

L8r

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

I still have the original pilot epsidoe on video from when I was a kid the feature length one it rocks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭neohoki

I tihnk the one on fox kids is a newer anime version :/ neone seen it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

yep...dont get too excited, Ive heard better dialog from the teletubies than from the speech in that... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

what we need right about now is a transformers live-action series done with real actors and CGI rendered robots?! i'd certainly watch it.

this guy is wayyy ahead of us when it comes to that :)

adnans

Advertisement