Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

System of a down

Options
  • 12-05-2002 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

I read in Kerrang mag 2 weeks ago that There seems to be 2 types of rockers
    one type like system of a down,tool etc.
    others like linkin park,limp bizkit etc.

I dont agree with this....I love anything with an eletric guitar...
    I love everything from slash to santana
    Does anyone agree or disagree

[Mod Edit]
    Carefull Now... Down with that sort of thing!
    Another attachement like that and I will have you Shaved, Sterilized and Destroyed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

rubbish to these 2 types of things
    i'd be the same as you. most things with the electric guitar, not all though but a lot of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

yeah i think thats true , i went through a major phase of playing limp bizkit and linkin park all day for months , then i discovered system of a down , and i havent really listened to the others since , i just lost interest , and since ive gotten into stuff like disturbed and ill nino .i think there just wasnt enough variety of music style with linkin park , and well limp bizkit , dont know what happened there .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I personaly like any kind of music that has some "Darkness" to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    I personaly like any kind of music that has some "Darkness" to it.

Jesus, you are so morbid! ;)

And if those are the only 2 types of rockers then rock is crap!

I think they're just the 2 types of sh1t rock!

Slash and Santana, that's more like it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭atonal

hmmm that seems really narrow, Im not big on either choice there... what about the big melodic heavy rock stuff like The Cult?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Saboteur

All this kiddie pop/rock **** should be banded. Forget MTV crap and start checking out real Metal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Yes....and No.
    SOAD are a very good group. Alot of ppl seem to be listening to them as of late but thats no thanks to the MTV Generation.
    I dispise Limp Biskuit. They are a complete Act and Wes Borland was the only Decent member. Linkin park are ok but the same sort of music which I dont like.
    There are a Hell of alot more bands around than the division that your Saying. Just calling ither Rock or Metal is wrong as they have their own styles which can be completely Different. For example there are DJ's in both Limp bizkuit and LP but there is No DJ in SOAD.
    LB and LP try and incorperate Rap into their Music. SOAD dont, the style of the Vocals changes from the Stereotype Screaming associated with Black Metal (Far Far less than anything black metal but still associated with it) to a melo type of Rant and then to Truely Emotional..
    Just listening to both SOAD and KORN the last day and the Tone of the two Singers was completely different. Johnny Davis had no emotion in his voice whereas Chop Suey almost brought a Tear to my Eye.

I'm a strong believe that you shouldnt bring Rap into Metal unless you can do it like Rage against the Machine.
    If you want to listen to rap but not the ****e that comes out of Eminem or Dre then listen to the likes of "Dilated Peoples, Jurassic5,IaM or De La Soul".

well thats my two sense...
    God I'm tired... dont know y :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Chowmein

Originally posted by Doodee

I'm a strong believe that you shouldnt bring Rap into Metal unless you can do it like Rage against the Machine.

Hell yea :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I can't understand why people arent varied in their tastes. Ever wonder how someone who likes , say , Slipknot will only like metal. Someone who likes dance will only like dance. People who like Am I the only person who likes all kinds of music?

Originally posted by Neil3030
    I can't understand why people arent varied in their tastes. Ever wonder how someone who likes , say , Slipknot will only like metal. Someone who likes dance will only like dance. People who like Am I the only person who likes all kinds of music?

95% of people don't actualy listen to music, but simply follow a trend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

I hate dance music , i cant understand how ANYONE could listen to that same repetive ****e for at least 10 minutes at a time , and whats worse , the lads who drive down the road in their cars souped up to the bollox with that ****e up full volume , the name for metal with DJ stuff mixed in is called new metal i think

Originally posted by Apocalypse
    I hate dance music , i cant understand how ANYONE could listen to that same repetive ****e for at least 10 minutes at a time , and whats worse , the lads who drive down the road in their cars souped up to the bollox with that ****e up full volume , the name for metal with DJ stuff mixed in is called new metal i think

And didn't you just say you were listening to Slipknot in the other thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Quorthon

Originally posted by Neil3030

You are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like everything from Mozart to Depeche Mode to Rush to SOAD to Napalm Death and pretty much everything in between. My overwhelming preference is for rock/metal followed by classical but I also like more mainstream bands also. The only type of music I dont really have a cd of is dance/trance.

I like yourself am always amused by threads that degenerate into x band are a bunch of puxxies, they're not hard/heavy/extreme enough etc etc I can never understand why people become so polarised in their views.

Q

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

And didn't you just say you were listening to Slipknot in the other thread?

*Claps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

I couldn't care abot two differnet types of metalers....its not like we're some sort of animal group or something......I like music thats good whether it be Nu-metal *giggle* or acid jazz i don't care.....

Originally posted by deco
    I couldn't care abot two differnet types of metalers....its not like we're some sort of animal group or something...

Steve Irwin:
    "Awe! Look at that beaut! A genuine Slipknot backed nu-metaler! Look at that! He tried to boite meh, he did!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I think the singer is good. There music is more bearable than most (considering im a classic rock kinda guy:):))
    Im dont really listen to metal, most of the metal stuff ive heard is a bunch of guys trying to show off. Everyone should listen to led zeppelin :):) They revolutionised recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Apocalypse

How can you compare dance music to slipknot ??? Theyre nothing alike

How can you compare dance music to slipknot ??? Theyre nothing alike

My comment was in relevance to your "the name for metal with DJ stuff mixed in is called new metal i think" blurt.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The thing about Tool and System of a Down that sets them apart from the bands you listed below is that they are talented and original at the same time. Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park are moneygrabbers living off Korn's genre.

Another good original Rapcore band is Boihazard, they put on ****ing great gigs. I wouldn't normally like rap-metal, but theres some type of energy in their music that makes them stand out above the other bands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fat Sunny

I hate dance music , i cant understand how ANYONE could listen to that same repetive ****e for at least 10 minutes at a time

Finally, someone on these boards with a brain.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Giblet
    Everyone should listen to led zeppelin :):) They revolutionised recording.

Yup. LZ were/are brilliant. They rocked! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Fat Sunny

True, true.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by AngelWhore

95% of people don't actualy listen to music, but simply follow a trend.
    4.99% listen to the music and follow the band
    0.01% love the music, dont care what people think of their musical taste's as long as they are happy with what they listen to and like it (i fit in here somewhere :))

I like anything from classical (never met someone who hates to listen to this) to Slipknot,to In Flames, to rammstein. But i cant stand any form of dance/techno/rave (theres a duffrence?) and pop just annoys me, not a fan of the 'money grabber' bands (as soem1 else put it) like LB and LP.

Advertisement