Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I is on zee Quest!

Options
  • 09-05-2002 5:41pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Ok people, basically Im hoping to get my grubby mitts on a selection of things, that I have no time to nab via Google / Net Browsing soooooooooooo hopefully one (Or two, or ten) of you could help me out here)

+First of all I'd like to get my hands on a good Amiga Emulator - I still have my Amiga, but Im going to let it rot in the attic along with my NES etc - PC takes up all my time now)

+After that, I was hoping to get the game "Myth" (You know, your the blue haired bloke who starts off in hell and plays through a rake of mythical themed levels etc)

+Then, I wish to grab a certain game I can't quite name - I think it was "Zombie" but Im not sure - Was a point and click game, where you had four characters to control whilst you waded through a city infested with zombies - Not sure if it was an RPG though...

+Alien Breed 1, 2, '98 Special Edition, Tower Add On Pack etc I'd love to get ahold of these...

+A game I played years ago called "Millenium" a space based strategy game, point and click type thingy where you had to build your colony on a planet etc blah

+Any other things you can reccomend (I have hundreds of games at home but my memory is hazy)

If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it - I just want to re-live those old and dusty but fantastic memories :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

http://amiga.supergamez.hu/EngIntroSet.html - Nice list of Amiga Disk Images.

http://www.codepoet.com/UAE/ - Win UAE...best Amiga emulator imo.

That zombie game was a piss take off night of the living dead I think. You were going around a shopping mall. Was actually called 'Zombie' and was on the amiga.

Check out the sites in the sticky for more of them.

Happy emulating :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

OMG
    they have turrican :)
    Was gonna PM you about turrican :0
    saved me the bother :)
    thx
    btw is Amiga abandonware now?
    Kdja

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Check out these threads for Amiga StuffGames Thread
    links to more site's

WinUAE Thread
    This Thread has links to everything you need to get the emulator running;)
    OMG
    they have turrican
    Was gonna PM you about turrican :0
    saved me the bother
    thx
    Kdja

Turrican II was excellent many fond memories playing it on c64 and amiga:D
    The issue of "What is abandon Ware" (clickHERE for info) deserves it own thread but in short no Amiga has been picked up by another company who own the rights to workbench etc...
    With regard to games some publishers have made there games free to download from there websites, Gremlin being an example, making them freeware but not abandonware.
    Only games that have been released into the "Public Domain" are Abandonware. Turrican falls into freeware catagory..
    Check out the developers Factor 5 and download the adf files( provided u own the original!) Here

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Thanks guys - I wont look at the link yet, though, because I haven't got any disks to bring the stuff home with...

Turrican 1,2,3 are class, although they seemed better on the C64 for some reason... Anyhow, thanks a bunch - xxxx good night!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Ohhhhh have disks - Why do i get the feeling that when I get home I wont be able to get anything working!?!?

Can anyone type up a small help text file on the installation of needed components for the Amiga Emulator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,135 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Turrican WAS better on the C64.

I am pretty sure there was no Turrican 3 tho'. Not on the C64 anyway, T2 was Manfred Trenz's last game for the machine.

Would be very interested in getting my hands on Turrican 3 if there was one.

Am currently compiling a double CD oF c64 emulators, games (4000 ish), software, PDF manuals, scans of books magazines etc... Still have 2 64's in my attic and a ton of games, Disk Drive, Action Replay Cartridge etc....

Did similar for the Megadrive and Master system (as well as download 700 abandonware classics for the PC).

Bit of a collector really. Amiga is on the list (After the NES).

Should have a classic games forum really, although I suppose that comes under Emulation really ?

I strongly suggest we all bang heads and create one single list of our all time favourite games and classics, chop it up and then post it into a sticky thread or announcement...

So many games I have, but I forget their names - Thats what having my amiga in the attic for five years has done to my memory!

Got the thing working at home, so Im off to dowload a rake of games :D

Thanks for the help guys!

PS - Are there any Spectrum Emulators!?

Theres Emulators for pretty much everything Ropedrink, lots of good Speccy ones, can't remember the names though. Played Chaos and Jet Set Willy on one and it was more or less perfect. Have a look around and see what you find. If you spot any good sites let me know as I will eventually get around to having CD's full of emulators for nearly every game console or machine ever made.

Well I know there's emulators for basically everything, I meant were there any recommended ones, or easy-to-use ones considering I only really want to play a select few spectrum games...

Dan Dare, The Colditz Story, Renegade and a few others that are lying in my attic along with my broken spectrum...

Anyway, cheers for the reply.

I hear that this one:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/9932/

is quite good. Or so I'm told.

• Advertisement

[edit]This isn't a frigging Warez Board lads. Cut the crap.[/edit]
    thx
    kdja

*snip*
    warezmonkey.jpg
    *snip*

I am building my own historical archive of games. This is because I spent more time playing old games than new ones, despite owning all the latest hardware.

By the way Ropedrink, I remember Myth on the C64, it had wonderful graphics for that machine. I think it was a system 3 developed game (same people as last ninja).

What I remember most about it was the intro music which I thought was brilliant. Must load it up (still have the original). Can't remember if the Amiga had the same music.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

If your looking for speccy emu's do a search in this forum;)
    almost every spectrum game is now freeware or abandon ware so it's fine to download.
    If you want to post links make sure there to sites and not directly to roms/images even then don't do it to often else the dreaded Rom Beggers will grace us with there posts. That way you won't get the*snip* treatment from kyro or Ronan|Raven (maybe:D)

Ooh hypocrit. Why the snip treatment ? This forum is about emulators isn't it. There was a mention of abandonware (which realistically is of dubious legality) too but no links to anything.

And there was no request for warez either (in fact there was no request for anything at all from me, I was responding to a request) - and don't try to say that pre 95 abandonware is warez either, although it's legality in some cases remains dubious, a lot of it is available with the blessing of the publisher and as for the rest of it, in effect it is every bit as legal as emulation and playing of roms which this whole forum is about. In fact ROMS are if anything worse. Tell you why, MOST PC games from the 80's are pants and can never be sold commercially in any form which the public would now buy. However, SNES and Megadrive ROMS are dl'dable and seemingly condoned by this forum. However some of these games (eg: Mario 2 / mario kart) are available on Gameboy advance now as a full (and overpriced) release emulators and freely discussed on this board. Sega are planning to release Sonic and co on that same machine - direct ports of the original megadrive games, streets of rage too and god knows what else. A view backed up by the way, by codemaster's Richard Darling in an interview about the emulation scene in the April issue of PCZone where he effectivley branded emulation as 'warez' in not so many words and as damaging to the indsutry as piracy (which in effect is what it is)(I can scan you a copy if you like). You're only fooling yourselves lads. Time to draw another pretty card methinks.

Game fan monkey. Collects old games, originals (12 machines, 1150 original games - I doubt there is a bigger supporter of the industry on these boards), plus so called abandonware, roms, emulators where originals no longer possible to accquire - and believe me accquire them I would/do - could you direct me to an original copy for sale of Realms of Impossibility for C64, nope didn't think so ?. Posts about it in an emulators forum where seemingly people have emulators but no roms. Amazing. Offers to help out fellow gaming fan at some point in the future when requested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I don't mind discussion of emulators or abandonware, but I gots to draw to line when ye start going on about sending warez cds to each other, sorry lads.

Oh ya, and we're also assuming that any emulated titles you claim to have are actually owned by you, m'kay?

http://amiga.supergamez.hu/EngIntroSet.html - Nice list of Amiga Disk Images

Then i asked in sarcasm

Hmm a link to roms
    Double standards me thinks :)
    hehehhe
    dont worry wont ask again :)
    Kdja

m'kay Mr Garrison.

I suppose you have to take the official line. Even though I bet you've got roms coming out yer ears that you don't have the originals of ! :D

Just to throw a spanner in the works. Do you reckon that if a game is an intellectual property (and as a professional programmer, this is how I see it) - would it be ok to have a backup of say, tomb raider 4 for the PC if I owned the original on Dreamcast or PSX ? Or to use an example I've already used, if I had Super Mario 2 for the NES/SNES, would it be legal to own the ROM for a gameboy advance emulator since I have already paid for the game (of sorts) ? I wonder does different platform mean different game (of course in some instances it does, eg: Cobra on the C64 and Cobra on the Amstrad, same licence, different game, but in the case of say Soul Reaver on the DC and Sould Reaver on the PSX - the game is identical - of course with a coat of polish on the graphics).
    Just curious really, will read up on it, but would be interested to hear any other views on it.

Incidentally whilst I'm here, anyone know of any vectrex emulators ? I wore the tips of my fingers off playing the asteroids clone that came built in. I also remember a game called polar rescue (I think) where you were a submarine. Interested to see it again.

By the way I would like to apologise for the rather large amount of typos and poor grammer in my posts these days, I only get a couple of minutes here and there to post, and tend to rush.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement