Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gaelcon Experience

Options
  • 08-05-2002 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭

My friends and fellow gamers

As you know I have been given the honour of directing this year's Gaelcon, to be held in Clontarf Castle on October 26th – 28th. At a recent committee meeting, we discussed what made Gaelcon special for each of us in years we attended, and how we could capture that magic again. There seemed to be a thrust towards more fun games (anyone remember Celebrity twister?), more participation tables, better access to a games library, and people about to say hello and making sure you had a good time.

Then it struck us that the best people to ask are you, the attendees, without whom Gaelcon would cease to exist. Therefore, this is a two-fold request. Firstly, I would ask that if you do have any "Gaelcon Magic Moments" that you submit them either to myself or info@gaelcon.com.

Secondly, if you have any suggestions on how we should run events, what events you would like to see, or anything about Gaelcon you like/ dislike/ would like to see changed. You have my guarantee that any and all suggestions will be given due time and discussion. Consider it a chance to have YOUR input into YOUR convention.

I shouls also remind those interested that we are approaching submission deadlines for RPGs, LARPs, and Special Events. Details are available on the website, www.gaelcon.com, but watch this space for further mails from the respective co-ordinators

Thank you for your time and see you all in October

Colm Lundberg
    Director Gaelcon 2002

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

How's it coming along? Who'se running wargames this year? Can we have a paintball game running during the weekend? Live action wargaming if you will... I'm sure the staff at Clontarf Castle wouldn't mind.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Coming along nicely, thanks nesf. Paul Feldwick (the FeldMarshall) is running figure games this year. And as well as the big tourny, there is a second Gaelcon Champion tourney, as well as a huge amount of participation events. Wargames is bigger this year!

The rules for the main event will be posted on the website soon. I'll post here when they are

Cheers

Colm Lundberg
    Gaelcon Director 2002

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

As promised, the rules for the National Tourney can be downloaded in pdf from from this LINK

http://www.gaelcon.com/gaelcon2002/figures.php

Colm Lundberg
    Gaelcon Director 2002

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Any chance of a review/link to how it went? who won what etc? :)

Advertisement