Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denis Leary Cop Show

Options
  • 07-05-2002 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

It's called the Job! it's on a Sunday night I think.

I watched it a week ago and it was unbelievably funny, he went to anger management class and caused wars :D anyone else have any funnies? I've only been watching for a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Yeah good show on after ER on RTE One

Nice to see Hillary (Karen Parsons) Back on the telly from the Fresh Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I saw one episode of this, and I cringed.
    What I saw was nothing more than a "cop show" built around the shaky framework of his standup work. In the space of 5 minutes, he'd already done the "Bike Cop" and "Maple Nut Crunch" routines.
    ZZzzzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I honestly have to say I think it's rubbish. I've watched it a few times, coz I thought Leary was good in his day (good at a poor imitation of the great Bill Hicks) but despite numerous viewings I think it's badly scripted, poorly directed, a mismatch of styles (Hill Street Blues meets Law and Order meets god knows what) and generally treading wearily over very familiar ground. The episode with Liz Hurley was utterly useless. I'm afraid that's how strongly I feel about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I love Dennis Leary's stand-up work but I've got to say that this show is just wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

I think Leary's gas - I must check out what the show does to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I quite liked it. The bits with Leary seriously kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,483 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have to say that I like Leary. Saw him in the Olympia a couple of years ago and laughed my ass off.

His earlier stuff was completely ripped off from Bill Hicks, but his later stuff (before he became an ACTOR, quote unquote!) was very funny in its own right.

Must check out this show and see what its like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

Speaking of Leary, does anyone know if the No Cure for Cancer DVD has any extra features on it?

Advertisement