Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who has The Simpsons on DVD...

Options
  • 07-05-2002 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

... do the discs stay in their holders? The discs in the set I bought in Virgin fall out as soon as you open up the box. I would seriously consider buying another one and give away the set I have but do they all have this problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Mine are fine .... but then again, i rarely open them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I've season 1 on DVD and I'd have to agree with you that the packaging is rather shoddy. The cover is cardboard as opposed to the usual amaray plastic (which is much more durable) and I could certainly envision the "teeth" which hold the disks in place breaking after repeated use.

However to answer your question, no I haven't had any problems holding the disks in place ... so far. I suggest you return your copy to Virgin and see what they can do. I returned an album to them once where the teeth were broken and they were fine about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Pigman

I've season 1 on DVD and I'd have to agree with you that the packaging is rather shoddy. The cover is cardboard as opposed to the usual amaray plastic (which is much more durable) and I could certainly envision the "teeth" which hold the disks in place breaking after repeated use.

However to answer your question, no I haven't had any problems holding the disks in place ... so far. I suggest you return your copy to Virgin and see what they can do. I returned an album to them once where the teeth were broken and they were fine about it. They usually just end up flogging the broken boxes during 1/2 price promotions so no one really cares or loses too much anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yep i got the region 1 set
    And its in bits but they were over used for a while kids love em.
    Box itslef is falling apart
    Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭brendor

Thanks for the info. I got it ages ago so I don't think I could swap it at Virgin at this stage.

I might just get a new one altogether

• Advertisement
Advertisement