Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga Games

Options
  • 05-05-2002 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭

Well I've got my Amiga emulator up and running (thanks to the people who suggested how to get it going) but now I'm wondering if there's any good sites out there that would have all the old amiga games online? I've had a look but I can't seem to find anything. I'm looking for diskimage *.adf files. Am I even right to be looking for these or are the game images saved as something else?

Anyway, any urls would be appreciated. If it's not the done thing to post them here then PM if you could and I'd be very grateful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

check the sticky there are some sites there that i posted that have just what your looking for.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Try Here ,Here and Here
    Your seriously going to have to improve your google skills....Rom beggers ahoy!

A pretty good site where you can take a look at screen shots and box covers of old amiga games
    Amiga Games Directory

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I've got about 300 games, some for HD and most of the old coverdisks on a CD somewhere here so let me know if you're *snip* GODAMNIT NOE!!! *snip*

Thanks for your kind offer ptegan but i get the feeling your post is going to get the *snip* treatment from the mods(judging by a similar offer in another thread) however if you upload them onto your own personal site and then link to the site(NOT the Files) visiters to this forum would be able to benefit from your generousity;)
    I've built up a good colection myself from all my old disks
    Any old favorites your missing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

And *snipped* it was too!

Nice to see mods around here that actually read posts made by members rather than just popping in once a week or so.

I have no problems with the censoring of my post and have no wishes to dig up the warez Vs. Abondonwarez issue although I usually feel that software for the Amiga/C64/Speccy......shouldn't be placed in the same box as the latest 0-sec DVD-RIP release of LOTR for example.

I also know that Jelsoft (i.e. VBB) don't like their software being used to 'share' games and such.

So thanks for the advice LoGiE. Fun to see that my second post on the boards.ie site got *snipped* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

http://www.back2roots.org/

Note to mods : Everything on this site is legal, all games on this site have had permission from their publishers to be given away freely. (Same with all other content)

Theres also tons of demos, mod files and artwork, along with some pc stuff aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I downloaded silkworm from that amiga games directory but it doesn't run. Where is the best place to get a free emulator for them and what else do i have to do to get them to run?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Just google for winuae
    The kickstart ROMs should be easy enough to find, or one of us can give them to you

Anyone know where to get UAE config files?

Advertisement