Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

American cars

Options
  • 05-05-2002 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

as i said here i am going to america for a few weeks in the summer and i am thinking of renting a car for a while. can you guys think of a nice reasonably priced car that i could hire for the 3 weeks.

I think a ford mustang was the best that i could find for the money. but since i know feck all about cars, it may be a peace of crap.

so any good rental cars would be appreciated+how much it would cost

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 TRIPLE3THREAT

Originally posted by The_Bullman
    as i said here i am going to america for a few weeks in the summer and i am thinking of renting a car for a while. can you guys think of a nice reasonably priced car that i could hire for the 3 weeks.

I think a ford mustang was the best that i could find for the money. but since i know feck all about cars, it may be a peace of crap.

so any good rental cars would be appreciated+how much it would cost

why be picky? take the damn rental they give you.. and shut up lol

you think you can walk into a rental agency and CHOOSE a mustang? uh, no.. lol

not to mention, uhm, mustangs SUCK! take the rental they give you.

or take a fawkin taxi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Odian

maybe a slightly flash car might attract the ladies!

dont be so stupid,two milk bottles driving around in a flashy car wit a load of bags is gonna attract attention alrite,hi-jacking and getting all ure stuff robbed.They are not gonna give u a piece of ****,they are gonna cater for your needs ie trendy coupe or something

also wonder about car insurance, in ireland if you rent a car you have to get your own insurance, is it the same in the states? the sites mentioned insurance but i would want to be sure as to what i would be getting.

Im pretty sure one of ye have to have a full licence and the cost the charge ya includes insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

A friend of mine told me a story about some mates of his who bought a car while they were there. They drove it all around the country and all it needed was one oil change, and they just abandoned it when it was time to go home. Cars there are so cheap it's worth considering. Of course one of them was a mechanic but if you keep your head about you, you could get a good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    A friend of mine told me a story about some mates of his who bought a car while they were there. They drove it all around the country and all it needed was one oil change, and they just abandoned it when it was time to go home. Cars there are so cheap it's worth considering. Of course one of them was a mechanic but if you keep your head about you, you could get a good deal.

That's the one. A brother of a friend of a mine (who was also a mechanic) built a car out of parts he found in his front garden (!) and in scrap yards. Cost him $50 in total, and it went hell for leather (apparently). There's no NCT or compulsory insurance, so you can buy a 6-litre piece of crap when you get over there for next to nothing and use that if u wanna.

:)

Advertisement