Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Petition to bring back TV5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

why would u want to have that channel. Its a crappy french channel. E4 is well better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭ondafly

oh Lord no!!!!!!!!!!!i wouldn't have heard this joke today, if it wasn't for E4

Why did Captain Picard have his head in the toilet ?

He was searching for the Captain's log!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭Khynareth

Originally posted by suppafly
    Its a crappy french channel.

:D:D:D

Don't worry, in France they DO have worse channels than TV5...
    And Yes people do watch them...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭colinsky

I have to say, that isn't the most convincing petition. :o

Personally, while I would love to have some good foreign channels, I didn't really consider TV5 to be that interesting a channel. When I had cable in the US, I got the "international channel" and i ended up watching all sorts of interesting shows in languages I didn't understand. So I had no problem with TV5 being french, I would just expect that there must be better/more entertaining French channels to watch. At least, I would hope so.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

To be honest, I don't think there's much point in this petition. I've mentioned it to a few people, and don't know a single person that would want TV5.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Not really interested in getting TV5 back. I never watched it in the 1st place- my French isn't the best!:rolleyes:
    E4 isn't a brilliant channel either but at least it's English speaking and there are some watchable show's on it. Not looking forward to 21 hours of Big Brother over the summer though!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Kalina
    Not really interested in getting TV5 back. I never watched it in the 1st place- my French isn't the best!
    It's OK, you don't need French to watch "The Girls of The Crazy Horse" and suchlike. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Well I still have the channel on my video recorder, Not that i watch it.

Of course i shouldnt actually have NTL at all but there you go.

They could always replace Euromix with TV5.

Or bring back National Geographic, it is so much better then Discovery.

National Geographic yes i am up for that coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

wtf, we have e4 now? i never go that far up the channels:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well considering they have not brought back Eurosports and I would reckon it had alot more viewers than TV5 then the chances are very slim that TV5 will return.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Spiffing

Originally posted by ondafly
    Why did Captain Picard have his head in the toilet ?

He was searching for the Captain's log!

ROFL :D

Advertisement