Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Ads VERSUS Adidas Ads

Options
  • 01-05-2002 11:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Its a battle of advertising giants.

I thought it'd be hard to top Nikes ad but i think they've done pretty well.

What do ye think in terms of each companies overall ongoing ad campaign?

NIKE OR ADIDAS???

Nike or Adidas? 22 votes

Nike!!!
    0% 0 votes
    Adidas!!!
    100% 22 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

its gotta be nike they put in a lot of effort to get some top class players and some deadly flicks and tricks....its all a money spinner anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Yeah I would say the nike adds too's. That football itis add for addidas is pretty funny but the nike one is better and are normally better. All the nike adds in the pass have been brilliant and the new one is aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

have ye seen the new Umbro add thats doing the rounds on emails at the moment? its class!
    This guy is trying to get a little old lady's little dog to jump up for a bit of food he's holding and when it does jump he volleys it into the top corner of the bus stop across the road and it lands beside the old lady. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭Terminator

Yeah that Umbro one is gas.

Can't stand Nike adverts - much prefer the snickers piss-take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

no compitition ..both sweatshops...:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Nike defintely
    All the good sporting ads that stick out in the past tend to be nike:
    Airport
    Sydney Olympics
    Cantona and the Devil
    "Im Tiger Woods"
    The murals on the sides of buildings playing football (remember that? great effects at the time :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

In my book the Pepsi ad would win hands down, but from an advertising point of view the Adidas one gets my vote.
    I like my feet, and the way the 'camera' goes in through all that space in the soles, all cool and chilled, makes me feel relaxed just thinking about ti.
    Besides, on pure chixor count, it has more.

(though I think David Beckham should be foreced to 'take' an elephant)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

The nike adds stick in my head and I like them - but the adidas ones I cant remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The new Adidas one is really funny, better than the NIke one with Cantona. If, like me, you're not into football and you don't even recognise half the players on the Nike ad then the enjoyment isn't there. Whereas the adidas one is really funny whether you know who half the players are or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

i think the nike ads are better, they have more of an effort put into them, but in saying that adidas ars going to come out with a good ad for the world cup!!! id bet my left sock on it!!! also adidas do have alot of good players on their payroll!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭prenton

Originally posted by Scruff
    have ye seen the new Umbro add thats doing the rounds on emails at the moment? its class!

Is this available to download anywhere?
    Cheers
    prenton

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

What about the Reebok, "Bellie`s Gonna Get Cha"

and the one about the sofa

class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭dysfunct

But Adidas have Kournikova ffs!

So the general preference is Nike?
    and though Nike have cooler/better ads, Adidas are more appealing to the general audience.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Well i know I'd let her wash my jocks/socks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

definetely the nike add , class boy .well class !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

i don't think either are that great but nike still takes it even tho adidas has kournikova. bring back the brazillan guys in the airport and cantona savin the world or whatever that one was against those evil beasty things. cantana is still cool. i wish the new nike ad didn't end with a header tho, seems like they missed out on something better...

Advertisement