Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Karting!!!

Options
  • 30-04-2002 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭

Anyone interesting in organising some karting in santry? I think you can have 25 or something similar at a grand prix. I haven't been karting in months, and am suffering severe withdrawal symptoms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

what college you in?

so weird. i'm chairman of tallaght karting club and someone said this to me today and its practially organised itsself in Santry too. Have to get final prices and bookings etc but so many people should be goin from the college (tallaght IT).

ya see they have their website back, it was gone for ages.
    - click me -

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Never knew there was a Tallaght Karting Club.. what part of Tallaght is it you're from gideon

that be tallaght college karting club. althought i heard somewhere that there is weekly races or that in kylemore that is run as a league with members etc.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

I'm not in college.. finished with all that stuff, but I love karting and like Gerry, I havent been carting in ages...

Would love to try and get something organised.

I'm sure between all of us here at borads we could arrange something and it aint that expensive either.

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭Gerry

I've already emailed you gideon regarding setting up a karting club in maynooth, and racing against your tallaght club, but I'm talking about in the meantime.

Cmon, there must be loads of people here who like karting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

Not sure if they still do it in santry but a few years ago when i worked there you could do off roading in jeeps or f2 dirt track racing.

Great laugh .... makes a change to Karting

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think there's a carting society here in Carlow IT as well, though I'm not a member. They usually go to that karting track in Kilkenny... Kiltorcan or something I think its called, because its closer to the college than anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭banbutcher

yea im in carlow it and we do have a karting thingie they have only gone once this year, where as i have gone lots o times!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

i heartily endorse this event or product.

might be an idea if interested parties just posted "hell id go" instead of "this one time i went karting and it was great and it was fun and it was a sunny day"... then at least theres some idea of numbers.

Can ya get me the a contact no or that for Carlow Karting Society , we've have gone more than once this year but wanna go lots more nxt yr, i was just really getting things set up in college as well as myself :D anyhew that be cool cos wanna do vs matches nxt year with diff colleges and get a tad more organised. I remember now Gerry that ya e-mailed me, cheers forgot about it.

And ya hell id go etc provided funds are avaiable n willing :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement