Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why?

Options
  • 30-04-2002 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Can I ask?

Apart from the 2-8 year olds, why do people watch WWF wrestling when it is completely pretend? There is no point IMHO! You know they are there 'pretend' punching each other as the other guy is smackin his foot of the canvas like a beserk Irish storyteller just to make noise and add to the 'drama'

OH DAMN! Did I leave the cat out of the bag for some people? SORRRIE ! :p

J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yes we know its choreographed, thats why we like it, have you ever seen real grappling? UFC? it would send you to sleep its that boring, Wrestling is a show, its a fight scene from a movie, its just bloody fantastic.

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭DC

Coronation Street and Eastenders are pretend aren't they?

And there is probably more contact than you realise. Check out any documentary on Mick Foley and you will see for yourself the risks taken....

Why do I watch? Well some guy doing a backflip from a 30 foot ladder landing on two guys lying on a table and crashing through the table (last year's Wrestlemania). Thats what I like!!! Its just pure insanity.

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    Can I ask?

Apart from the 2-8 year olds, why do people watch WWF wrestling when it is completely pretend? There is no point IMHO! You know they are there 'pretend' punching each other as the other guy is smackin his foot of the canvas like a beserk Irish storyteller just to make noise and add to the 'drama'

J.

Wow im not looking at wrestling again .Thanks Mate ! Free Little Mo ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

How come anytime someone mentions they like wrestling, theres always someone whos says that its fake, like were stupid and that we dont know, and they have guided us on the right path. I watch it because its funny.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Everyone knows the punches are real, but people don't watch for the punches, they find the moves much more fasaniting, like I mean, jumping off the ropes, and landing on someones face with your tigh's, you think thats not gona hurt.. ?
    Most of the stuff must hurt some way or another, but does still make it fake, even though there is pain inflicted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

Originally posted by Ba$tard
    Can I ask?

J.

Why do you look at most TV,Movies, read fiction books? Its all fake too. Personally I watch wrestling for the storylines which are good most of the time but like any TV show there are some that are not so great, the moves, the sheer excitement of a really good technical match, and because its "Fake" you know that it will be a bit over the top and more exciting and won't degenerate a fight from UFC. Which I have seen a couple of times and as bombidol said it is boring as hell.

Advertisement