Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson vs Lewis in Waterford ???????

Options
  • 29-04-2002 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Folks,
    I know this is an obscure request but I'm going to a wedding in Waterford on June 8th which happens to be the date of the Tyson/Lewis fight that is on PPV. The fight is gonna be on
    in the early hours and I was wondering if anybody who is based in Waterford (or knows it well) knows of a Hotel that has Satellite and usually shows these events. I have tried a web search but
    I have had no joy, so if their are any locals out there that can help I'd be a happy little camper !!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Jessica

don't know the answer to this one really as i don't know what time the event is on..... if it is the early hrs of the morning the best you can hope for anywhere is a residents bar.

If it is on the evening - you name it and you can watch it there.

can't see a problem !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

You could try Alfie Hale's.

Glenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Dec

The fight will be on roughly around 3 am so I want to book a Hotel that would have a residents bar with PPV and would show it.
    I presume Alfie Hales is just a pub ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

Dec, grab a fone and a golden pages...
    or just ring 11850 or one of those lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

But seriously like, on your wedding night ? She won't be happy! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Originally posted by EvilGeorge
    But seriously like, on your wedding night ? She won't be happy! :cool:

How many rounds do you think it'll last ? Will one of them go down in the first round ? (I'm talking about the fight !!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

Originally posted by Dec
    I presume Alfie Hales is just a pub ?

Yes. But Alfie himself is an old sportsman, and I think it's a sports bar IYKWIM.

Having said that, I've never been in there, just to the off-licence at the side! :D

Glenn

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭dougal

Your best bet would be the Woodlands hotel, they have satellite cos they show the football on Saturdays. I dunno if they will be showing the fight as its ppv but I am sure you could ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

ah sure club LAaaa will have a direct feed from the shoulder CAM on Tyson (small lie).....untz untz untz

Advertisement