Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pick Ups

Options
  • 29-04-2002 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Any recommendations for a fender strat to replace the bridge pick up to give a similar output to a humbucker...I heard cool rails are good??Anyone??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Hotrails give a high output, and have a very nice sound. I have them myself in the bridge of my strat. Try Coolrails in the middle and neck. Musician inc. in Dublin stock Hotrails for about 120 euro.
    You could use Coolrails too, but these aren't as hard and rocky as Hotrails. So if you want a nice tone for distortion use Hotrails. Or if you want a nice clean bridge humbucker sound, go for Coolrails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I concur! Young Giblet knows his stuff trev!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

when i was modifying my strat i stuck in a pair of seymor duncans humbucklers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

How much do humbuckers cost and how much to be installed??

Im replacing my Duncan Designed jobs from my Aria II pro Guitar,

bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

How much do humbuckers cost and how much to be installed??

I replaced the Gibson humbuckers in a Les Paul lately. Bought Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pros - as used by Slash. Cost £80 sterling each. Installation takes an hour or 2 - so add that to the list. Highly recommended...

• Advertisement
Advertisement