Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Licence

Options
  • 28-04-2002 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Sorry, but to follow on about my insurance.

I got the details sorted then the dealer ask's me "do you need the bike restricted"...."yeah?" "well that could tie us up for another couple of days putting the restrictor on"

Well after only passing my test in February I thought so, but if he hadn't have asked I wasn't tellin..

So he looks at my licence and see NO letters or even the box marked <25kw was not checked, instead the box with full size bike is checked. So he tells me "I have a friend who works in AON and he'll let us know".

So takes a copy of my licence and eventually it appears that I should be restricted but because my licence is in the wrong box I'm OK.

I really wasnt worried about the power output (but paying **,500 for a bike you expect to get that bike and not a scaled down version.) just worried about the cost, however it never came to that and I'll be driving Monday all above board.

Thanks for your time reading this.

And if allowed just like to thank MAG Ireland for all their help Maybe they have an insider in the Motor Tax office issuing the NEW not restricted licences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I never got my bike restricted.. havent even taken the test yet... The bike shop didnt say a word about restricting the output and come to think of it neither did the insurance company... I'll shutup now officer...

/me skillfully dodges gardai and insurance henchmen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Originally posted by FIRE

So he looks at my licence and see NO letters or even the box marked <25kw was not checked, instead the box with full size bike is checked. So he tells me "I have a friend who works in AON and he'll let us know".

So takes a copy of my licence and eventually it appears that I should be restricted but because my licence is in the wrong box I'm OK.

What you mean restricted License? How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

I'm 25, but once you pass your test you have to be restricted to a bike with a power output of less than <25kw, or so I was told by the motor tax office.

Unless anyone can shed some light.

Advertisement