Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

More About Insurance

Options
  • 28-04-2002 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

This is just a follow up to Stephens thread. My answer was so long I decided to start a new one.

I got my first bike a Honda NSR 125 00D, when I was 23, it was then in Group 2:). The bike cost £4,500 and my insurance was £911 F.Comp. with AON.

A year went by and insurance time again, this time the Insurance went up with the budget(I think) and the bike moved from Group 2 to Group 4. So quote comes in and it would have cost me £1,500 for F.Comp.

So I decided I'll take a chance ringing Carole Nash,(I'm now 24) just out of Curiosity. So give details of being 25 just to get a quote and they quote me £636 T.P.O. So I ask the guy "do you ONLY insure riders over 25"...he says"no if your 24 and have a 1 years N.C.B. then we'll take you on, as at 24 we feel that with a N.C.B. you are a responsible rider". So took out policy with Carole Nash.

Then this year I'm changing over bike after passing test but get quote in for NSR. Thinking it'll be high because it's moved now from Group 4 to Group 7 it had ACTUALLY REDUCED!! The price this time for T.P.O. was EURO 770 and in £600 so it had actually went down and I thought to myself F**K it if I had kept the bike I bet the insurance would have risen.

But just to finish I bought a HONDA CBR600 F sport (collecting it Monday) and the cheapest quote this time round was Aon(in house insurance) Carole nash quoted me EURO 1,300 T.P.O. and EURO 3,000 F.Comp. similar insurance on an R6 and Hibernian quoted me EURO 1,150 T.P.O. They both said I needed the bike to have an alarm or immobilisor fitted.(I will get the Datatag fitted but now for a week or 2)

I ended up paying EURO 1,082.

This quote was for 25 living in dublin, 2 years N.C.B. and full licence. So if anyone needs insurance soon try getting it (in house) Carole nash said they "Don't look favourably on big sports bikes".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought carole nash went under last year or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Stephen
    I thought carole nash went under last year or something?

She did indeed... but dont worry - youre still insured! (just as long as you dont have an accident that is) What a crock!

Having said that tho I saw a few Carole Nash adverts in the paper (irish papers) not so long ago. I presume that there would have been an announcement if things were back up and running again in Ireland tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

ya they must be back cos, there are loads of ad's in the paper and now they've got ads on the tv too. New ones that i didnt' see before. Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

No, Carole Nash didnt go under it was the underwriters Independent Insurers.

But there was a load of hassle with people losing their policies, etc but Royal & Sun Alliance took over and sorted everything out.

Advertisement