Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcycle hand signals

Options
  • 27-04-2002 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

I'll be sending off my driving test application form in a couple of days (apparently in this area there is a 15 week waiting list before the test will be conducted :(). I'm wondering if anyone would be able to explain the various different hand signals that the department of the environment seems to think are necessary even though bikes have fully functional indicator systems (ffs).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

we could all tell you our own opinions on the mystery of hand signals.but the best option is to head down to the nearest instructor and learn the right way.the book "the rules of the roads" will only confuse you and doesn't explain properly.i only had one lesson two days before my test.i passed.in reality all most instructors/testers look for is someone who looks comfortable on a bike and doesn't look like he is gonna kill him/herself on the bike.here though is my biggest tip.don't do ur test in the city,do it in the country.it means u will have to do a lot less signals than you would do in traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭FIRE

If your indicators are working on the bike, then the tester tells you "ok,your indicators are working,you DO NOT NEED to use hand signals"

I think the book explains the hand signals well enough!

But I was only asked what is the signal for slowing down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭king of fifa

my tester never said that to me fire but sure that should help our friend here.as for the book,what about coming up to junctions or taking off from a standing point?or coming to a yield sign?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

You must have had a cool tester Fire, because I had to use all the different hand signals!

Advertisement